LXXIII. Hidden Agendas & Favours

Tywin & Visenya's Chambers, Red Keep – King's Landing, CrownLands – Night

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Visenya was sitting at the edge of her side of the bed, already changed into her red nightdress, let her hair down and had the chance to be a little freer now that they were alone.

Tywin was behind the changing screen, getting rid of his daily clothing to wear something comfortable and easy to sleep in. At the same time, he talked to her faintly about what he discussed with Olenna and that the deal was done; as well as the wedding that would take place very soon between Sansa and Tyrion.

Suddenly, while not face to face with one another, Tywin chose to change the topic. "Did you know?" he asked and she glanced at him, barely seeing his silhouette reflected on the material of the changing screen. "That Daenerys Targaryen, your niece, now has three dragons under her command"

At that moment, the Dragoness was thankful they were not face to face because she did not manage to hide her expression. Only recently she had one of her 'acquaintances' in Essos sending her a letter and informing her of what had taken place.

At least of what he knew about the dragons and the small group of people following Daenerys, one of them being the exiled knight Jorah Mormont. However, she had burnt that letter as soon as she finished reading it.

She wondered how Tywin found out but the answer quickly came to her. Varys she thought, narrowing her eyes and glaring at practically empty air once she realized that the eunuch was supplying information to him as well. Her silence had extended and she could almost feel Tywin's frown despite the distance and objects separating them. She kept looking forward, her back turned on him and her attention to the locked door.

"I had heard but I did not make it my primary focus. Essos is a faraway place to begin with" she explained, lying through her teeth.

Finally, Tywin walked from behind the screen wearing a pair of breeches and a simple tunic. He looked at her as she had her back turned but she soon shifted her body sideways to look at him, as if she could sense his sharp gaze.

"Essos is far but not too far. Eventually, she might come back to reclaim the throne" he pointed, placing his hands behind his back and walking towards her.

She followed him with her eyes, not intimidated by his slow confident steps. "To do that, she will need an army and ships. Right now, she has none and I doubt she will be able to find one easily either"

She knew of the Unsullied Army and the Golden Company as well, both stationed in the East and both could provide her niece with the necessary army. However, they were very expensive and right now, Daenerys had almost nothing; especially when it came to gold and money. Even if she were to find a way to raise money to fund one army and even ships, it would take her long and something was telling her that her niece was not stupid or cold enough to try and sell living dragons.

Tywin eventually came to stand by her side, staring her down. "If she ever got those things and were to march West, what would you do?"

Visenya craned her neck up, her amber eyes connecting with his emerald ones while the golden specks of them seemed to glow. She was not stupid and she understood what he was asking her.

Will you join your blood or your family?

It was a logical question, one that he did not really have to ponder upon until now. He knew the answer or at least he suspected it but he still wished to confirm. After seeing a more self-doubting side of hers, he had to make sure. They might be married and have children but in the end, she was and would always be a Dragon; much to his dismay. Daenerys was her blood, the only one left from her blood family and also her niece.