CXXVII. The Direwolf Children

Chambers of Visenya & Tywin, Tower of the Hand, Red Keep – King's Landing, Crownlands – Early Morning

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first rays of the sun had just started to become visible above King's Landing but the sky above was still dark, while only a minimum amount of light could be seen for now. The faint flakes of snow could be seen falling from the sky.

In the chambers of the couple, Visenya was up and already dressed in her horse-riding gear.

The day prior she had prepared provisions and things for her trip, including some basic clothing. She knew she would persuade Tywin eventually to let her leave and she had made sure to prepare everything, so she would not waste any more time.

She wore her riding gloves and then looked in the direction of the bed, where Tywin was still sleeping. She had tried her best to be as quiet as possible but after the events of the night before, it was evident that he was not going to wake up that early.

It had taken her quite the mental motivation to get up and carefully leave his warm embrace, not to mention the challenge to ensure he would not wake up; because surprisingly Tywin was a rather light sleeper.

Or at least, he had become one after all the nights she had Dragon Dreams and had either woke up rather suddenly or had even left the bed for a quick small walk to clear her head.

But the fact remained that their nights together had changed.

Ever since the wedding dance fiasco, Tywin had become rather comforting after their nights together.

He would gently peck her forehead and her lips once they were done, caressing her cheek or her body with utmost care and gentleness; before he would make sure to cover them both with the blankets.

Almost every morning she would wake up, spooned by him while he kept her close. His one hand was always around her chest, her back pressed against his chest while she usually rested her head on his other extended arm.

He would bury his face to the back of her neck, often inhaling her scent and she could feel his heart beating, his chest expanding with each breath he took. He kept her as close as it was possible as if he was going to lose her if he dared to let her even an inch away from him.

She felt bad leaving him like that, knowing that he would wake up and not find her by his side when she had promised he would see her before her departure. That was the original plan until she saw a Dragon Dream.

She saw the white dragon heading for the wall, breathing bright neon blue flames and destroying the mighty structure that was once built by magic, giants and hard work between the first men and the children of the forest.

She also caught a glimpse of the army and it was the sheer number of them that had shocked her enough to actually wake up. Once she did, she realized that their time was running out and she had to move fast.

Visenya let out a sigh and walked towards the bed, a sad smile on her lips. A part of her wished that he would not join this war but stay back, to do what he did best. He had seen enough wars, he had been in enough wars and a part of her was afraid of who would survive this Great One.

She knew, though, that he would never accept it with his pride and so; she just had to pray for the best outcome.

She bent over the bed and gently pecked his forehead, taking in his scent before she carefully pulled back. She knew he would be angry at her but she had no choice, not at the moment.