XXXVII. Revenge is a Dish best Served Cold

[A/N] - A more smutty moment for all those of you, who asked it, to satisfy your needs of them together. Proof that despite age, things haven't changed. I would say they have gotten bolder ;)

P.S. Do not worry, more of such moments will come and some even more steamier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

299 AC - Casterly Rock - WesterLands - Seat of Power: Robert I Baratheon - 4 Months since Eddard Stark became Hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The servant that was chosen to deliver the latest letter to the Lord and Lady of Casterly Rock, was unfortunate enough to catch a quick glimpse of furious anger in their eyes before the door was closed, for some privacy.

The letter informed that Tyrion was captured at the Crossroads Inn. It was a neutral public place, a simple inn that lay at the crossroads between the King's Road running north-south, the river road west through the Riverlands to the wastelands, and the high road east to the Vale of Arryn.

Yet, Caitlyn Stark had chosen to start her revenge thereby having Tyrion captured and imprisoned. According to her, an assassin was sent to murder her comatose son before he woke up and the dagger meant to kill him was Tyrion's. Most specifically, it belonged to Lord Baelish but according to him; Tyrion had won that dagger over a bet.

The moment Visenya read the letter, she saw red. In an attempt to keep her temper in check, she started to march up and down in front of Tywin's desk. "This is utterly ridiculous. I always thought Lady Stark was the reasonable one out there" she said, mostly voicing her thoughts.

Tywin stood not so far away and was reading through the letter. By the faint crease formed between his eyebrows and the faint pulsing of the vein by the side of his neck, it was clear that he was not happy with the news.

"Those are the actions of a grieving woman, in need of answers and justice" he said, his voice calm so far but his posture said otherwise.

No matter the reasoning behind such actions, Tyrion was still a Lannister and letting him be captured was a great insult to his house and thus himself.

"You do not go around accusing innocent though, especially those incapable of committing such a crime" she pointed out, for a moment their eyes meeting. "You and I know Tyrion well enough. He doesn't have the morals in the first place to orchestrate something like that and he is smarter than that. He knows where such actions would lead"

"Not smart enough to avoid Lady Stark and getting captured by her" Tywin commented and left the letter on the desk. "Either way, no Lannister will remain prisoner under my watch"

Visenya stops marching and grabs a nearby map before unfolding it on the desk, showing to be a drawn map of Westeros. She sat in his chair and quickly scanned the map as he leaned over it from the side.

"It wouldn't be smart to attack her directly, not while she is in her homelands" she voiced out, a finger tracing a line from Casterly Rock to the RiverLands. "We could try to apprehend her before she reaches if we move fast enough although there are doubts"

Tywin focused on the map. "The fact that she takes him towards the Vale is not helpful to us and she will reach her sister before we cover the distance" he pointed out and his green eyes glowed as a plan formed in his mind. "However, we can even the ground by taking a prisoner of our own"

Visenya did not have to be told to realize what her husband had in mind. "Eddard Stark" she said and he nodded, their eyes falling to King's Landing. "He is in the Capital now, we will need a good reason to draw him out without having half of Robert's army following him"