CLXI. Brother Plans & Unexpected Decisions

It had been months ever since our heroes had returned to King's Landing and back to their usual routine. While Tywin had promised himself he would take Visenya to Casterly Rock, he had to put those plans on hold for the Kingdom needed them; both of them.

Olenna was close to death, Margaery was about to give birth and all the great Kingdoms had suffered during the last battle and the long winter that only recently had started to leave them.

Resources were low, many people were hungry and power issues between Kingdoms were at stake.

It took them time and a lot of effort but once again, the power couple had managed to find common ground and help stabilize the situation.

For starters, the North was now semi-independent; in a way. Similar to Dorne, they were not under full obligation and control of the crown but their loyalty did remain with Tommen. In case of a big invasion, the North would offer support and if the situation were to change; the Crown would do the same.

A lot of Lords had perished in the battle against the undead, leaving many of their sons or descendants to take after them. This meant that they had demands, some did not even truly know how to lead a House and some others were thinking they could become like the North.

In the end, things started to change and order was spreading across the Kingdoms as 8 of them united in total. The Ironborn were the only ones not wishing to bend the knee but Tywin had plans to deal with them, once the time was right; for only a fool would chase yet another war after barely surviving the last one.

By the time they returned from the North, gossip and rumours had spread like wildfire for the famous couple. Their intimate kiss was, mayhap, the most widespread one of all; followed only by the scar and eye patch Visenya now bore.

Having taken that decision back then, Tywin and Visenya did not bother to hide their true relationship. While not affectionate or tender when others were watching, there was no longer this...coldness between them, this formality.

They would exchange gazes more than once, Tywin would be a little more open and defensive when other men would approach her and she would no longer play it innocent, naive or helpless.

After all, almost no one did not knew of the huge battle that took place or the fact that Visenya rode a dragon and killed an undead one as well.

And if anyone had second thoughts about it, they would only have to keep their eyes on the sky for the Dragoness would often fly her dragon across the lands. Like in the past, the shadow of the scaly creature was once again passing above the crowded streets of King's Landing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Hand's Study, Tower of the Hand – King's Landing, Westeros – A Few Months After the Long Night

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Visenya sat across from Tywin as they were discussing the latest report and a letter from the Iron Bank. Once again covered by red dresses, the two of them almost felt as if they had never left; only then to be reminded of their losses both in terms of person and also of wounds on the battlefield.

Their discussion was interrupted by a knock on the closed door, something that made both of them exchange a look. While not uncommon for servants to knock from time to time, they did not expect anyone yet.

Usually, if the door of the Study was closed; it meant that Tywin did not wish to be interrupted or disturbed by anyone, except by his wife.

The answer to the mental question of who it could be, came a few seconds later as the door was pushed open.