LXXX. Heartfelt Moments & Sinful Plans

Secret Shores of Blackwater Bay - King's Landing, CrownLands - A while after Jaime saw Tywin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jaime was sitting on some rocks by the sores of Blackwater Bay. The area was isolated, hard to find and only a few people truly knew it.

It allowed him to be alone with his thoughts, his new sword laying on his Lao and his eyes cast ahead at the rather peaceful blue sea.

He had a lot to think about, replaying things that had taken place and deep down wondering if he had made the right decision.

He let out a heavy sigh, knees bent faintly and he hunched forward. He barely registered someone approaching until they were close enough for him to hear their steps against the rocks.

Turning his head, his low eye level made him see a bloody red dress first. He craned his head until his eyes locked with amber eyes.

"Thought I would find you here," she said and gathered some of her long dress to allow her more movement.

She then managed to sit by his side despite the long fabric and not really caring if the rocks might stain the fabric or even tear it. Yet again, she never truly cared for such trivial things; compared to so many other ladies of her status.

"How?" Jaime asked her, turning his head to look at her as they sat side by side.

"I know you better than you think" she answered him with a sweet motherly smile. "As a child, you loved to come here and your Maesters would go crazy looking for you" she continued, making him smile faintly. "You and Rhaegar, honestly" She shook her head faintly as she thought of the past and now bitter memories of a happier time.

He didn't comment but his small smile made it clear that he felt better hearing it, knowing someone truly knew him and even came to find him. Indeed he liked that place because it was the closest he could find that reminded him of Casterly Rock.

The stench of the city did not reach him there as the winds always blew in the direction towards him, allowing him to only smell the sea and nothing else. Sometimes he could close his eyes and imagine he was by the cliffs of Casterly Rock where as a child he would dive from and into the sea. Until his father found out and grounded him for it. Yet, the memories were there and he would never forget them. After all he had passed through, especially as a captive of Vargo; he could truly use some good memories or a nice retreat back home.

Back at Casterly Rock where people actually respected the Lannisters, where he was not the Kingslayer in their eyes but the firstborn son of Tywin Lannister. One might question what the difference was but to him, there was.

She let him in his silence, clearly seeing that his mind was occupied and she did not pressure him. However, she did take notice of the sword on his lap.

He noticed what had gotten her attention and he handed it to her. "A gift from father" he said, his expression turning bitter at the fresh memory as the incident took place less than an hour ago; unless of course he had been sitting on the rocks for far longer and did not realize how the time passed.

A gift for his dream heir as Lord of Casterly Rock, he corrected in his mind but said nothing of it out loud.

It was ironic because everyone knew, especially Jaime, that in Tywin's eyes; Trystan was his dream heir. He was the intelligent perfect son, who obeyed him without speaking back. The young boy that had taken no oaths, the young boy that bore no titles and had no sins to ruin his reputation or his image to the world.