AU - Chapter I

[A/N] - Firstly, I would like to thank you all for your quick responses to that thief who copied my story. You truly touched me with your responses and motivated me.

Thank you all for your support, comments and love for this story. You have motivated me and after much thought, I managed to put some of my thoughts into words. Therefore, this book will continue in two parts.

One part will be AU chapters/short stories of how things would have evolved if Rhaegar became King by upstaging Aerys at the Harrenhal Tournament.
The second part was given to me as a suggestion from a very loyal and dear reader. Think of it as a more Behind-The-Scenes & Interviews theme, bringing up real-life actors and OC Actors for Visenya & Trystan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

281 AC - Casterly Rock, Westerlands - Seat of Power: Aerys II Targaryen - Nightfall

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a peaceful night that particular day and only a few could be found awake. The mighty Casterly Rock was faintly illuminated by torches but its inhabitants had long gone to sleep, well, most of them anyway.

For while some slept peacefully in their beds, the power couple did not have that luxury; not with the latest changes in the power dynamics.

Visenya had put Tyrion and Trystan to sleep, with the primer complaining that he did not have to be taken care of like that. Though, both, he and the Dragoness knew that he secretly enjoyed it, having someone look after him that way.

Trystan was barely past his first nameday and he had no trouble falling asleep, rather quickly but only if his mother would read him a book or tell him a story.

Now free, Visenya had paid a visit to her husband in his office. Tywin was waiting for her, two cups of wine ready and with his, already in his hand.

On the desk that separated them, letters were open and scattered across the wooden surface. Some were reports from Visenya's spies in the Red Keep and there was one directly from her sister. The rest were letters directed to both of them or her, from different lords across the 7 United Kingdoms.

However, all those letters had one thing in common; Aerys.

Ever since Trystan's birth, Aerys had changed. At first, he seemed happy to see the baby but that all changed upon seeing the Lannister colours. Even Elia's children did not seem to be good enough in his eyes...not even his sons, Rhaegar and Viserys.

Naming Jaime to the Kingsguard soon after only angered Tywin, who would take no more disrespect from him. He gave up his position as Hand and they all had returned to Casterly Rock.

And since then, Aerys had been going downhill.

"The letters will only keep coming, the more mess he makes" Tywin said as he passed Visenya her goblet.

This past year, Aerys had started to become more hated than loved amongst common folk but also his allies.

Dozens of men had become Hand and dozens of them had been accused, insulted and later dismissed by the King himself. His growing paranoia, his unwashed self with those dirty white locks and long nails... definitely did not help to maintain the image of a healthy and good King.

The common folk had even started to call him... The Mad King.

"It is not the letters I am worried about" Visenya confessed as she slowly lowered her goblet. Tywin arched an eyebrow and waited for her to continue. "It is what those Lords will decide to do when they grow tired of writing letters and complaints"