Broken (Toru Oikawa)

That day still played through my mind like it happened only yesterday. Her confession still echoed in my head. The rejection I gave echoed even louder.

Idiot! I silently cursed myself. Seeing her now, holding hands with another guy, I realized what I felt. Her heart should have been mine, not his. I never should have let her go.

If I'd known I felt like this, it could have been me. I could have been the one to hold her hand. The one to kiss her and protect her...

With a sigh, I turned away from the couple who caused my heart to ache. No more... I just couldn't look anymore. Was this how she'd felt then? If it was, I'm not surprised she decided not to waste her time waiting around for me. No use waiting for someone who'd already rejected you, right?

As I walked away, a voice called out to me. "Oikawa!" Turning around, the one who'd stolen away the girl I loved was calling me. "Hey there!"

More than anything, I wanted to hurt him. But that would only upset her. In the end, I was stuck doing nothing. No, all I could was put on a fake smile and pretend that I was ok. As long as she loved him, I'd just suffer with my broken heart; waiting for the day when she might be mine.