You Can't Sleep

Ashton: “Ashton,” you whispered, trying to wake the sleeping figure next to you. “Ash,” you whispered, slightly louder, poking his cheek. “What? What is it babe?” he asked groggily, without opening his eyes. “Ash, I can’t sleep,” you said, trying to keep your voice to a whisper. “Y/N,” Ashton groaned, sitting up tiredly in bed. “What do you want me to do about it?” “I don’t know,” you giggled, looking at his messy hair and sleepy eyes. “You could talk to me.” “Oh Y/N,” he muttered, shaking his head as he lay back down. Pulling you to his chest, he told you stories about his childhood in his quiet, tired voice. Listening to him speak lulled you into a blissful sleep.

Michael: After staring at the dark ceiling for almost two hours, you decided to watch some tv which always helped you fall asleep. About twenty minutes after you had relocated yourself to in front of the tv, you heard some thumping coming from the bedroom before Michael stumbled into the hallway. You watched him walk sleepily down the hall, carrying a pillow and dragging a blanket behind him. “Michael,” you began, trying to tell him he didn’t need to stay up with you. He cut you off, saying, “You shouldn’t be out here alone in the middle of the night. Now move over.” You scooted to the side of the couch before Michael flopped down next to you. Within minutes, he was softly snoring. Soon you had fallen asleep on top of him, with the tv playing quietly in the background.

Calum: You could feel the minutes ticking by as you tossed and turned in bed. You heard Calum starting to wake up from all the movement you were making. Not wanting to disturb him, you slipped out of bed to go sleep on the couch. “Babe, where are you going?” he asked, half asleep. “Cal, I don’t want to keep you up. I’m just gonna go sleep on the couch,” you replied. “No, Y/N, stay here. I don’t mind, really,” he said, opening his arms to you. “Okay, I guess,” you said, snuggling up against his chest. You listened to his heartbeat while he stroked you hair and murmured all the things he loved about you. Before long, you fell asleep engulfed in his strong arms.

Luke: Not being able to sleep was a regular occurrence for you, and usually you would just wander around your flat with a snack, thinking about anything and everything till you tired yourself out. By now, Luke was used to you getting out of bed at odd times of the night. Tonight was your third sleepless night in a row, and you were sitting at the table with an entire jumbo sized bag of potato chips. As you munched on the chips, your mind drifted to the movie Luke had taken you to see earlier that afternoon. It had been an action film with a shocking ending that had taken you by surprise. “I still can’t believe he did it,” you said to yourself, kicking your sock-clad feet across the smooth tile and eating another chip. “Neither can I,” a voice said behind you. You turned in you chair to see a sleepy Luke standing shirtless in the doorway. “What are you doing up?” you asked, trying to sound surprised although you were secretly glad to see him. You had been getting lonely. “You haven’t been in bed for three nights now. I thought both of us might appreciate some company,” he replied, softly kissing your head before sitting down across from you. “Can I have some chips?” You nodded, passing him the bag. And there, at 2:30 a.m., while you and Luke told stories to make each other laugh, over a bag of chips, you realized how much Luke truly loved you, and how much you loved him in return.