"I Love You"

I looked at the myself in the mirror, my hair was in a braid. I wore one of Ashton’s shirts and some spandex. My eyes had bags underneath them and my skin was sun kissed from our time at the beach today. I smiled at myself knowing who I was about to see. 

        I walked back into Ashton and I’s room. The lights from the city shined into our room, giving me an amazing view of my boyfriend. He was stretched across our bed, the blankets exposing his torso. He was even tanner than me and his arms were settled behind his head. He instantly smiled at me when he saw me. I cuddled under the blankets to notice he still smelled like the beach. Before turning around I stared at his also tired eyes and he let out a small giggle and kissed my forehead. I turned around so my back was against his stomach. I felt his hand slide under my (his) shirt and hold my tummy. 

       ”Ash, don’t,” I said quietly. “Don’t touch that, it’s gross.”

       ”But I want to. I like your tummy it’s cute,” I could almost feel him smiling. 

       ”Ashton please,” he could see I was getting hurt. 

       ”Okay,” his hand immediately went away. “What’s wrong (y/n)?” He went to hold my face, but I flinched. Again his hand went away. He got up a little so he was leaning over me. “Why don’t you want me to touch you babe?” 

        “I guess I’m a little insecure, right now. I don’t know why. It just happens,” I looked away from Ashton.

        “You don’t have to be insecure. You’re beautiful. Every. Single. Part. Of. You,” Ash said in between kisses. “Not to mention intelligent, hilarious, brave, talented and overall amazing.”

        “I love you,” at first I didn’t realize what I said until I looked at Ashton’s expression. But, he didn’t look surprised, he look happy.

        “I love you (y/n),” Ashton cupped my cheeks and kissed me slowly.

        “Goodnight Ash,” I said before closing my eyes and falling asleep.