Middle of the night drive.

You had been having a bad day, everything just seemed to be going wrong and there was nothing you could do about it. You told Calum how bad your day had been and he promised to fix it. It was getting late and you just couldn’t sleep because of everything on your mind. It was midnight and you were beginning to dose off when your heard ‘tap, tap, tap’ on your window. You groaned and got out of bed and opened your curtains and window. You looked out and saw Calum and smiled “come down I’ve got a surprise” he yelled up loud enough for you to hear, but not loud enough to wake up your parents. You nodded and crept downstairs and grabbed your house key before sneaking out of the house. You made sure you were extra quiet to make sure you didn’t wake up your parents. You saw Calum who was holding the car door open for you; you got inside and buckled up. Calum got into the driver’s seat and he drove off. Calum drove around the city; the lights were beautiful, kind of magical actually. You went to a late night diner and grabbed some food, then grabbed a drink and a small tub of ice-cream to take away. You got back into the car and Calum drove to a lookout point that overlooked the city, it was a beautiful view. You both sat on the hood of the car looking out, eating ice-cream and talking. Your horrible day had gotten a whole lot better because of him. This reminded you why you loved him.