Let Her Down- Luke Imagine

‘Hey babe’ Luke’s face pops up on the computer, you smile, your heart skipping a little, it’s been four years but he still makes you feel like the eight-teen year old girl that fell in love with him.

‘Hello, how’s your day been?’ you ask, remembering it’s about ten in the evening where he is now.

‘It’s been okay, just the usual you know. How was the play date with the Meggers?’ he asks a small smirk on his face. The Meggers are a small family that live a couple of streets round and you can stand them, they are extremely snobby and Luke being the little shit he is planned a play date with them for the kids.

‘Oh it was wonderful darling, the children didn’t get a spec of dirt on them’ you tell him in a posh accent. He laughs then stopping and staring at you. You pull a face after a minute.

‘God I love you so much’ he tells you, you can tell he is getting a little emotional and decide to change topic so you wouldn’t cry yourself.

‘Two second babe’ you tell him, moving from the desk chair and heading into the living room, where Binky your soon to be three year old daughter is cuddling into a pile of teddies while holding a picture book and mumbling random words.

‘Hey princess, come see who’s on the computer’ you tell her as you walk over holding out you hand, she smiles up at you and raises both arms, showing you she wanted to be carried.

‘Daddy, Daddy, Daddy’ she claps as you walk to the computer. Luke’s face brightens as soon as he sees her.

‘Hello princess’ he coos, waving his hand. Binky smiles, her teeth showing as she bounces herself on your knee. ‘Ello Daddy’ she cheers, making you smiles.

‘Are you being a good girl?’ Luke asks the huge smile still on his face. Binky looks up to you and you smile nodding your head, she turns to the computer and with a little smile she nods, making you and Luke laugh as she joins in too.

‘Presets’ Binky squeals bouncing a little as she shuffles on your knee, you smile as her attempt of saying presents.

‘When are you getting presents?’ Luke asks her.

‘Birth-day, like this’ she tells him, throwing up her arms and wriggling and waving, you laugh.

‘That’s right you’re getting presents at your birthday and your are having a party with dancing’ you voice what she is doing. Binky watches Luke for a moment as he pulls faces at her, then she sticks out her tongue and Luke fakes shock. ‘Get her belly mummy’ he shouts, you laugh as Binky squeals, your hand gently tickling her belly making her laugh adorably, throwing her head onto your shoulder. You, Luke and Binky continue to talk for about half an hour before the conversation turns back to Binky’s birthday party.

‘Who’s coming your party?’ you ask her smiling when she widens her eyes and points at Luke on screen.

‘Daddy, wshton, Cal, micken’ she tells you and Luke, you smile at her trying to say the guys names correctly but when you look towards Luke he has his head down, rubbing the back of his neck.

‘About that’ he mutters, your smile drops and your heart sinks not wanting to hear what he has to say.

‘Binky, shall we say good night to daddy’ you bounce your leg a little.

‘Love daddy, nights’ she reaches forward and you know what she wants to do so you move her to the camera and she kisses Luke’s cheek on the screen.

‘Love you princess, I miss you lots’ he tells her and she waves as you stand taking her back to her toys in the living room. Then head back to the computer so you can talk to Luke while Binky isn’t in the room.