I loved you way back 💧 Bucky (request)

Song: BØRNS - past lives.

Imagine; you're a shapeshifter, causing you to stop ageing after the age of 18. After he sees you again after being brainwashed by Hydra he realises he's in love with you.

The day of the train was without a doubt the worst day of your life, you finally were ready to throw it all out to Bucky that you loved him as more than friends and then he just let go.

Your wrist was being held by Steve's hand, you were holding onto Bucky with your other hand. And before you could even register his hand leaving yours, he was falling.

You still relive that moment every night when you go to sleep. You still see him falling, you can still feel your arm hurting from holding onto him and the sudden change of weight on it.

The holding onto Bucky had hurt your arm so bad they just gave you a new prosthetic one. A lot of muscle was torn apart so they couldn't do anything for it anymore.

So now you're stuck with the memory of him falling and a vibranium prostethic to remind you how weak you really were in that moment.

You couldn't really shapeshift anymore after that, shapeshifting was only possible if your mind and body are connected, and your body needs to be fully operational.

'Y/n...' Steve's voice echoes through the room.

You close your eyes as you gently place the dog tag against your lips, just a habit out of nervousness you've developed over the years.

'Y/n...' Steve repeats.

You him to give him the impression that you're listening to him as he walks closer to you.

'Fury needs us, says its important...' Steve explains and you nod.

'He needs us now, says you're not responding to any of your calls or texts..he even used the com..'

'Maybe I don't want to be disturbed...' you reply, your voice hoarse from the crying.

'You can't beat yourself up over this, c'mon lets see what Fury wants and then we can talk about this, just the two of us...'

'I do not want to talk Steve, I want to left alone..even if it's just for a couple hours...'

'It's today isn't it?, god I even hardly remember it...'

'That's because you didn't feel him slip away, you didn't get your arm replaced...I just want to be alone right now...'

'I know you blame yourself for what happened..'

'Well I'm not wrong, I should've hold onto him, I could've pulled him off...'

'You ripped all of your muscles..your arm had to be replaced, you did everything you could!'

'AND STILL IT WASN'T ENOUGH STEVE!'

Steve flinches from the sudden change of tone before nodding. You walk past him, shoving him aside so you can get to your keys and helmet.

'What are you gonna do?' Steve asks confused.

'I'm gonna go out, far away from you, from Fury..and anyone else who is bothering me today...' you reply before walking out.

'God fucking damnit...' you curse when you keep getting messages and calls from Fury.

You turn your bike around and you make your way towards the shield facility again. Your kind was all cleared and you were calm again but of course they just had to ruin it for you.

You drive a lot faster than you're supposed to, but you want to make a point, so when you drive up the pavement and right towards the main entrance, people jump out of the way.

'Oh she's mad...' Steve says to Fury but Fury just smirks at you as you increase the speed.

You stop right in front of him, the wind rushing past the two of them, Steve is standing there wide eyed but not Fury, and he knows that's driving you up the very same wall you were on before you left.

'I told you not to bother me anymore...' you speak up after you pull off your helmet.

'You know I don't listen to anyone...' Fury answers and you roll your eyes.

You swing your leg over the other side and hop off of the bike and safely securing it.

'I'm waiting...' you comment and Fury again just smiles and signs you to walk with him.

Steve also has this adorable but incredibly annoying smirk plastered on his face as you walk through the large hall.

'Fury why can't you just tell me?' You jog up to him.

'I can't tell you, you have to see for yourself...'

'You do know how to step on every fucking nerve today, both of you...'

Steve opens his mouth and you shoot him a glare, he immediately closes his mouth again and you return to whining to Fury when you suddenly see someone familiar stand a couple meters in front of you.

'Is that?....'

'Yup...' Steve smirks and you switch between looking at Fury, Steve and the man a couple steps away.

'It's me...' he says and you drop everything.

The whole hall full of people gets silent as they turn to look at you.

'You...you...' you breathe as you run to him.

Bucky immediately wraps his large arms around you. He has been waiting all day to do that. All day he requested to see you. He has to admit seeing that stunt you pulled outside made his heart skip a bit just like old times.

You've changed a little bit not that much. Your style has definitely changed, you used to dress like a prude but now you dress like everyone else.

But you still have the same effect on him as you did all those years ago. And then without thinking he puts his lips against yours.

He knows he needs to tell you how he feels, things can change in a heartbeat as the past has shown and he doesn't want to waste a second on being friends anymore.

'You were supposed to say hi not cut off her air supply Mister Barnes...' Fury says before Bucky let's you go.

'I just had to do it...'

'Well I'm not stopping you so do it again...'