Monsters in the night 💧 Loki.

Song: Video Games - the young professionals.

Imagine; you're a vampire, the only night you can get out is Halloween, you don't have to hide who you are because everyone thinks you're dressed up.

You've always loved Halloween, you can go out and just be yourself, you can actually breathe the fresh air, but not too much of course, you can smell good blood from a mile away.

You always walk around the neighbourhood watching the children yell in excitement, watch them stuff themselves with candy and the screams when they get scared by someone else are priceless.

It makes you wonder what it's like to be normal. To be a human.

Little did you know that you weren't the only one with this mindset, on the other side Loki is walking through the street, smiling at the little children admiring his costume.

Some children are actually dressed up like him and he absolutely adores it. He only has eye for them until he spots you in the crowd.

You're the prettiest woman he has ever seen, smooth skin, beautiful glowing red eyes, sharp fangs, long h/c hair, he's absolutely captivated by you.

You on the other hand only seem to have eye for your surroundings, you're looking lost, blown away by all the decorations.

Loki stopped walking but you did not, you continue until you're bumping into him and you immediately apologise, the thick Russian accent coming out.

You're originally from Russia, you don't come out much so nothing really changed about your accent in the 200 years you've been alive.

'It's alright...' he chuckles sweetly and you smile at him, your fangs showing.

'Those are some amazing special effects if I may say so...'

You start to get nervous. What if he finds out it's all real?, or even worse, what if you get hungry?, you don't wanna suck this nice guy completely dry. 

'I could say the same about you...' you reply.

There's something different about you and Loki can't quite place it, he's doubting if this is you acting like an old school vampire or if that isn't an act at all. But either way he doesn't mind.

'Would you like to uh...walk with me?' He asks and your head shoots up before a small smile spread the corners of your mouth.

'Sure...sorry my people skills are rusty...' you reply and you turn your body so you're facing the same way as he is and you two walk down the street filled with little children and ginormous decorations.

Loki gets nervous, unintentionally nervous. And when he gets nervous, some of his true form escapes his magic and shows, he's afraid it will scare you off.

Just then a door opens and two people dressed as zombies jump out, making you cling onto him while letting out a shriek which turns into laughter.

His eyes turn a crimson shade of red and his skin slowly starts turning blue, scaring the two teenagers to death, making them turn back in the house.

He quickly redeems himself by tuning up his magic and returning to the human form just in time for you to not notice it.

Then something similar happens to you, a teenager thought it would be funny to bite you in the neck, or at least he tried to. Your reflexes caught him and your eyes started to shine a bright red, the skin around your eyes darkening.

Loki saw it, you turn to him and you saw his wide eyes and you knew you messed up.

'I...I have to go...' you stutter as you want to rush off.

But before you actually can you're getting dragged into an alley by your wrist and your back gets gently pushed against the wall.

Your reflexes don't seem to work for the man in front of you.

'You're not human...like me...' he says and you frown.

'What?' You ask confused.

'I'm..I'm not human...I'm a.. frost giant...and by the looks of it you're not human either...'

'I'm not...Doesn't that bother you?' You carefully ask.

'Bother me?, I'm not human myself, why would it bother me?, I know like no other what it feels like...only being able to truly be yourself one day of the year...spending most days inside the rest of the year...I understand...if anything this is great...'

'Great?, I don't consider not being human that great...like you said, one day a year of truly being yourself...'

'But now you're not alone anymore...at least if you want to...stop being alone...'

'I'm listening...' you reply.

'I know we just met...but I don't think I'll be able to keep myself away from such a magnificent creature like you...maybe we can...see each other...'

You blush as you let out a chuckle. The idea of the dark haired man keeping you company sure sounds tempting.

'I wouldn't be opposed to that idea...Loki...' you reply and he smirks as his name comes out of your mouth.

'You know who I was the whole time and you still thought I would be bothered by you not being human...'

'Like I said before...my people skills are rusty...and I don't judge a book by its cover...'

'I'm glad you don't , because that makes you even more endearing...' he smiles and you chuckle.