Inception 💧 Steve

Song: Hans Zimmer - H2O.

Imagine; Hydra gave you some drug, it takes you into a level of your subconscious others see as a coma. The only way out is to die in that level of consciousness, it makes you wake up.

'Banner... why isn't she waking up?' Steve asks anxious as he sees the lifeless body of his wife laying on a table.

'Hydra gave her a drug called Inception...it makes her fall into a state of unconsciousness we cannot reach with simple medication like adrenaline...'

'So how do we get her out?' Natasha asks, she's still holding onto your hand.

'Well this level of the subconscious is like a reality for her, it's like a dream, the only way out for her is to die, because when you die in a dream you wake up...it's the same thing, only she doesn't know that...'

'How do we tell her this if she can't even respond to us?' Tony asks confused.

'You can link people through the serum...if someone else takes it and you link them with another person, that person can enter the other subconscious...' Bruce explains.

'This sounds like some science fiction movie...' Rhodes comments.

'I'll do it..' Steve determination is clear in the tone of his voice, he will do anything to save you.

'There's one thing you should know Steve, it's possible that if you can't get her to die within the time, she might be stuck there...and so could you...' Bruce warns Steve.

'I'll risk it....' he replies glancing at you.

'Remember Steve, her mind can be defensive against you, she could send people after you so be careful...'

'Y/n...' Steve says making you turn around.

After looking around for you he finally found you in the tower. He made sure he wasn't followed, your mind sure already noticed his presence and you're already trying to make him go away.

'Hey...I thought you were working...' you reply as you give him a kiss on the cheek.

'Y/n, it's important that you listen to me right now...' he starts explaining. 'This isn't real, it's some kind of dream...'

'Honey what are you talking about?' You ask chuckling, you clearly don't believe him.

'I can prove it-' he starts but gets interrupted by the door busting open and the team trying to pull him away from you, it's your mind trying to drive him out.

'Y/n!, you told me you wouldn't want to live in the tower anymore, so we moved upstate...we got a house together!' He yells.

You do remember telling him that.

'And the other day you were talking about kids...about how much it would mean to you if we started trying...so we did..we still are...' he punches Tony away and kicks Bucky to the ground.

'You were drugged by Hydra!, you're in a coma right now and if I don't get you out...you'll be stuck here forever!'

And then it all clicks, you remember someone putting a needle in your neck before ending up here. You remember hearing about a drug. You don't remember ever ending up here

'He's lying y/n..' Natasha speaks up.

'No I'm not...you must sense that something is wrong with this place y/n...we have to get out of here...and the only way to do that is if you die here, it will make you wake up...'

'Are you crazy?!'

'You trust me right?, you do trust me on this...right?'

'I...I don't know...'

'Don't trust him y/n, for all we know he could be Hydra...' Bucky comments.

'Do you trust me?' Steve asks.

'I do...' you reply taking out your gun and firing on the group, making them let go off Steve.

'Okay so what's the best way to die...never thought I would ever say that...' you rush over to Steve.

'The roof...' he takes you by your hand as you rush up the stairs, up to the highest level on the building as you're being followed by everyone present in the tower.

Your mind obviously is doing everything in its power to prevent you from escaping. But luckily Steve is here to help.

You finally reach the door to the loading deck but it's sealed shut.

'Stand back...' you comment as you take out another gun from your holster.

You shoot the lock and kick it in, making the door busy open as you run through with Steve.

'We have to jump..' he stops at the edge and you look at him, then look down. You never were a fan of heights but now that you have to jump, even less so.

'Stop them!' Tony yells.

'Now or never...' he takes your hand again and you turn to the group.

You stand on the edge and let yourself fall back while Steve does the same. You can feel yourself falling down, the wind rushing past you. It's kind of soothing if you don't think about what's coming next. But then...

'They should be awake by now, they're running out of time...' Bruce paces around the room.

Then Steve gasps for air, waking up from the makeshift coma he was put in.

'Y/n got grabbed!, I need to go back under!, someone grabbed her before we hit the ground, we jumped and only I hit the ground!, I have to go back under!' Steve rants but right at that exact moment, you gasp for air yourself.

Steve leaps from his own bed to the table you were laying on and immediately wraps his arms around you while he tries to catch his breath.

'Oh thank god...' he breathes out of relief. 'Don't you ever do that again...' he scolds.

'Trust me I won't...' you reply breathing heavily yourself.

'I thought I lost you...twice...'

'You didn't...' you gasp out as you press your forehead against his while your hand rests on the nape of his neck.

'I'm right here...you saved me...I'm right here..' you assure him as you gently place your lips against his.

'I'm alright because of you...'