The mist 💧 Loki (request)

Song: Noah Cyrus ft. XXXTENTACION - again.

Imagine; Loki gets poisoned on a mission and you take care of him.

He wasn't supposed to be in that room at that time, but he was. You were locked out, you should've done something, maybe kick in the door or at least try to get through it, you should've tried harder at least.

You saw the red mist come from under the door, you banged harder against the door but it wouldn't budge.

Not until most of the red mist had cleared, the door unlocked itself and you fell right in. You saw Loki laying lifeless on the ground.

'Y/n what's going on?' The team had asked.

'SEND SOMEONE DOWN HERE NOW!, SOMETHING'S WRONG WITH LOKI!' You practically screamed.

Tears clouded your vision as you shook him gently, trying to wake him from this weird slumber. But it didn't matter, you couldn't help him.

You hum as you clean the wounds he got from the last mission, from even before he went into the room.

As you're focusing on him, you slowly start to go back to the memory that has been plaguing you ever since it happened.

The team has tried to convince you that it wasn't your fault but you just feel this immense guilt that won't go away. Even when you've been taking care of him every day, making sure his wounds are looked after, making sure that he has company, it won't relieve some of the guilt.

'Y/n...when was the last time you slept?' Thor walks in.

'I haven't...' you reply like it's completely normal.

'You should, I could watch him for a moment-'

'No.'

'Loki wouldn't want this you know that...'

'But he isn't here and it's my fault!, he's laying here because I didn't do anything!' Tears start to blur your vision.

'You tried to break the door open lady y/n, we all saw it.. I'm sure he knows you did, you tried..'

'But not hard enough!' You snap at him. 'I could've saved him...and I didn't...I'm an idiot!, I'm worth nothing!, I'm useless!'

'You're not useless lady y/n!' Thor replies and you flinch because of the volume.

'I can't even save one person...' you turn to Thor as tears stream down your face.

'I know you feel guilt-'

'-I wouldn't know what she would feel guilty about brother...' a groggy voice comes from behind you and you quickly turn around.

'Loki!' You breathe as you rush over to bed again.

You sit down and you place your hand against his cheek as you smile through the tears.

'What's wrong my love?' He asks worried cupping your cheek.

'I thought I lost you...I couldn't.. I couldn't get through the door and I thought, I thought, I thought I was too late when I saw you laying there...'

'You tried your best y/n, and I'm fine...I know you've been taking care of me and I also know you stayed by my side...' he moves his hand to the nape of your neck and pulls you in for a kiss.

'I'm so sorry...'

'You have nothing to apologise for, not to me not ever...am I clear?'

'I love you...' you whisper as you lay your head on his forehead.

'I love you more...'

'Impossible...' you lay down your head on his chest.

'Y/n?' He asks after hearing the faintest snore.

He looks down to see you finally catching up on your much needed sleep and he chuckles as he pulls you closer.

'I'll always come back to you...trust me on that...'