Angst 💧 Tony!daughter (request)

Song: Social House - haunt you.

Imagine; you're busting your ass off to raise your grades but you're still failing a lot of classes, you feel stupid and you don't want Tony to know. (I had no idea what else to write sorry)

It's easy to act like everything is fine, it's easy to just smile and laugh it all away.

People will easily believe you, even Tony believed you for a while. A little while.

He may spend most of his time in the lab but you always eat together, maybe watch a movie.

The truth is you've been struggling with school, you're failing almost all of your classes, you just don't want Tony to know.

You're his daughter you're supposed to be the smartest kid in the room, but instead all you can do is get bad test scores in every class except in your dance class.

But you don't want your dad to find out, he will just think you're stupid and you don't want him to know you've been failing most of the classes.

You've literally down anything to make sure he won't find out, the papers have been hidden and you make sure he doesn't know about you studying until very late.

'How's the food?' Tony asks and you smile while chewing.

'It's good...' you say after swallowing the food down.

'So I have something to talk to you about...' he starts and his face goes serious, which either means he's really mad and trying to suppress it or he's going to tell you to use anti conception.

'What's up?' You ask nonchalantly as you put the food into your mouth.

'The principal called, he told me something interesting...' his tone is dangerously calm.

'What did he say?' You ask still playing innocent.

'You've been failing most classes..you clearly haven't studied enough...I never see you study..'

'I do study...plus you spend most of your time in the lab...'

'Well obviously you don't study enough, the only class you excel in is dance...which you won't be able to do because according to the rules you're not allowed to do the dance class if you're failing every other class...'

You start shoving food around your plate, you try so hard to not cry. You love to dance and now you won't be able to because your brain won't cooperate with you.

'Y/n...this is serious...why aren't you trying to do something about that?' He lays down his fork and you start to tear up.

'I am...' you reply, your voice cracking.

'You're not trying hard enough...' he replies and you drop your fork.

You're not in the mood for him to just make assumptions. You have to study anyway.

You shoot out of your seat and throw the napkin on the table as you storm out while wiping some tears off of your cheeks.

'Y/n wait!, come back here!' Your dad yells after you but you ignore him, leaving him at the table alone.

'Friday?'

'Yes sir?' She replies.

'How long has y/n studied this week?'

'She has studied approximately 5 hours a day at home, I can't track it at school...1 hour before she leaves for school and 4 when she comes back...with of course the dinner break in between...' she replies.

Tony sinks into his seat as he punches the bridge of his nose. He just told you you need to try harder, but you're already spending as much time studying as he spends in the lab.

'I'm an idiot...'

'I'm sorry?' Friday asks.

'I said I was an idiot, who talks to their daughter like that?'

'A lot of people do boss...it's normal to make mistakes...'

'Her mother wouldn't...she never made a mistake in her life when it came to y/n..and now that she's gone...it's like I just screw up her whole upbringing..'

'Boss you can't undo that...you should go and talk to her..'

'Ugh...' you throw the pen on top of your math book in frustration.

You have no idea how some people find this easy because you can hardly see the connection between the numbers.

'You should divide it by 829, then multiply it by the root of 87...' you hear Tony speak up.

You look up from your book and you see him leaning against the doorframe.

'You need help?'

'No.....yes...' you reply sighing.

'How come you didn't tell me to shut it back there when I said you didn't try enough?' He asks sitting down next to you.

'Because...I just...I feel stupid for not getting a single thing in those books but I do know how to dance perfectly...it's just that I...I'm a disappointment...'

'Excuse me?, little lady you're not a disappointment...you never were and you'll never be a disappointment...'

'Don't you think I'm stupid that I can't even come up with a valid answer while you're out there building suits and doing science?'

'You're not stupid...you know who is?, your uncle Steve because he always runs into battle head first...now that is stupid...you needing a little extra help for your classes is not...I actually think that's really smart if you're asking for help...'

'You do?, so you don't think I'm dumb?'

'Of course not, I can't dance, I don't know anything about dance...or makeup or anything like that, so you think I'm dumb?'

'No?' You reply with a question.

'That is not a question that you reply with a question...' he replies making you chuckle.

'There's nothing wrong with being more artistic than anybody else in the family...and you will probably never use any of the subjects you're failing in, but a little help won't hurt you....what If I spend a little less time in the lab and just...help you out instead?'

'You'd do that?'

'I'm your dad...of course I will...'

You lay your head on his shoulder as he wraps his arm around you.

'I'm sorry...' he whispers

'It's okay..' you reply.

'And for the dancing...I think I have a solution...you just dance at home, I'll build you a studio...how does that sound?'

'Expensive and unnecessary..' you chuckle.