Water 💧 Steve

Song: Novo Amor - Callow.

Imagine; this is gonna be like Inferno where a bioweapon is being let lose in the water supply of Istanbul, you and Steve solve the mystery and you go to Istanbul to stop it.

Your foot is bouncing up and down at a rapid pace, you never thought that someone would release a biological weapon into the water supply and terminate everyone infected.

'You nervous?' Steve asks.

You two never hit it off completely, you're only being nice to each other because last time Bucky locked you in a room together. It didn't end as he had hoped because merely seconds later you were about to kill him.

'No it just looks that way, get off my back...' you mutter, your eyelids heavy from the lack of sleep you've been getting.

'Well sorry I asked...I was just concerned...'

'Yeah like you'd care how I feel...' you sigh as you look out of the jets window.

'Hey we may not get along but I still care about you...'

'Drop the act Rogers, please for one goddamn minute just drop the act...we may be dying today...'

'You may be dying..I'm not planning to...' he smirks and you roll your eyes.

'Let's just find those people and make sure the biological weapon doesn't make it into the water...'

'Yeah about that, there's a gala going on there as we speak...which means a lot of people..'

'You've got to be kidding me...' you rub your eyes.

'Tony?'

'Yeah...'

'Can you tell whoever is running it that those people need to get out?'

'Already did, they're evacuating everyone but it's gonna take a little longer, there will probably be some people left when you arrive...'

'Fuck...' you sigh. 'Don't you dare...' you glare at Steve who's about to open his mouth.

You and Steve run into the cistern and see some people still there.

'Okay so the picture shows the weapon under the water near a pilar... so we need to check every one of them...'

'You check that side I will check this one...' Steve says and you nod.

You scan the room with your eyes and you see a couple people finally noticing your arrival.

'Steve we got some company...'

'Yeah I saw...' he comments and you run over the wooden planks to the people keeping you from finding the weapon.

'And you don't even mind telling me before you run off?' You reply as you kick the first one in the ribs.

The second one flings an arm your way and you block it, taking a punch to your own ribs from number three. You kick the legs from underneath number two and he falls to the ground, you kick him in the face making him go night night.

'It's not on this side!, it has to be on yours!' Steve speaks up.

'Well I'm a bit busy!' You yell back just as you knock number three out.

Luckily when you knock three out, you get a glimpse of a floating package.

'It's here...' you pant as you break the wooden barrier between you and the water.

You then go to take a dive when you feel someone grabbing you from behind. An arm wraps around your neck and you try to elbow your way out.

'You avengers always ruin everything...but try to understand that from our point of view, the problems were having in the world... are going to continue to grow if we don't do something...this will eliminate half of humanity but the other half will live!'

'You're killing innocent people!' You whip your head back and you again make the dive for the package.

Steve rushes to one of the shield agents to get the box that will contain it. He then rushes back to join you in the water.

He jumps in and makes his way over to you. He then swims down to contain the package. He places the box over it and slowly it closes around the bioweapon.

And for a swift moment everything seems to be safe, the world once again is saved, from his perspective, well that is until he swims up and places the box on the wooden planks above him.

He climbs up and looks around for you.

'Ste-' you get cut off.

'Y/n!' He yells in his com but no answer.

You're struggling to breathe, you get pulled under over and over again by the guy who tried to stop you from diving for the weapon.

'Take the package and secure it!, now!' Steve yells as he runs over the path, trying to find you.

You were just by his side, surely you couldn't be so far away now.

'Y/n!' He yells again and again, but still no answer.

He starts to panic, he promised the team that even though you two don't get along, that he would get you back safely. And then the anxiety just gets worse when he hears a gun going off.

He sees a man running away and another gun goes off, making the man fall flat on his face. Then he sees you, you drop the gun in the water as you yourself sink with it.

Steve doesn't hesitate to dive into the water, it's like an instinct. He needs you to be safe. So with his eyebrows of determination, he swims over to your body.

He pulls you up so that your upper half it out of the water.

'Y/n, when I said you may be dying, i meant it as a joke!' He lifts you up and lays you down on the path before climbing up himself and hovering over you.

'Don't make me do this y/n...' he begs but you don't respond, he'll you're not even breathing.

He puts his hands on your chest and starts trying to revive your heart. At first it doesn't seem to work, but then your body jerks and you push him away as you lean over to cough up the water.

'Oh thank god...' you hear Steve mutter.

You get all the star out before you try to breathe normally again, clutching your chest.

'Y/n...' Steve sits up.

'You son of a bitch, you broke my ribs...' you whine and he can't help but chuckle at you.

He stands up and pulls you onto your feet.

You want to yell at him but he pulls you into a tight hug, surprising you. You're too tired to push him off, and you do have to admit you don't hate getting a hug from him.

'Just so you know....I'm so gonna yell at you when we're done...' you say, your voice muffled by his body.