First Christmas in Auradon - Claus!Reader

*fun fact! Santa's reindeer are female since male reindeer drop their antlers in the fall!*

(this is less of an X reader and more me using (y/n) for a name instead of making a whole ass OC, it's not necessarily romantic, but it's kinda more open-ended, if you want you can imagine Harry and reader getting together after Christmas :3)

word count:9060

=

Harry had never believed in things like Santa, he pretty much dismissed the whole "Christmas" thing when he was old enough to understand what it meant.

The isle of the lost wasn't a place for a thing like that, the isle didn't have goodwill or peace. That goody-goody stuff was for Boradon.

It didn't stop Harry from staying up until the wee hours of the dawn to ever so childishly wait to hear the fabled ring of the sleigh bells on Santa's sleigh.

He stopped doing so when his father found him up one "Christmas" morning, he narrowly avoided the hook in his back. If the so-called Santa had truly existed, if the legend of him bringing a child's truest wish was true, he would have been off the isle years ago.

It was only years later, when Harry was a young adult, that he remembered it all. He watched his breath mingle with the falling snow, it was whiter than he thought it would be.

Then again, a lot of Auradon was....different than he imagined. He looked around, watching as the smee twins slid around on their new snow boots with Dizzy on the frozen lake.

He sighed, burying his face into the thick red scarf Evie had made him as an early Christmas gift in an attempt to hide his cold brushed cheeks. He didn't mind it though, he liked this cold, he liked the bitter bite of the snowflakes on his nose, the slight shake of his hands as he held them up to his face to breathe on them.

He yelped as a sudden burst of cold hit him in the thigh, he looked to his right, smirking as the smee twins giggled and ducked behind their newly built snow barrier. Harry crouched and gathered a good pile of snow in his hands, packing it together to create a ball.