Why do i/Good grief

=

The cold ocean wind blew past your cheeks-a puff of air escaping your lips as you curled up on the dock, one leg hanging down as the other was curled up to your chest-your arms wrapped around it. Your eyes glinted with the sunset reflecting off the horizon-which slowly disappeared behind the waves on the edge of the sea.

"There ye are"

You sat up, turning to see your beloved; Harry Hook-his hair a windswept mess and still in his work clothes, his black and white sleeveless hoodie a mess of grease and dirt from working on the lost revenge. You hummed, scooting to let him sit next to you. "hi" he whispered, taking your knee and shaking it a bit, smiling softly at you.

You smiled back, though it was pained and near hesitant. Harry noticed and wrapped his arm around you, holding you closer "ye said ya' wanted ta' talk?" you nodded, glancing away, looking down at the beaded bracelet he had gifted you upon your first date.

Were you really about to do this?

...you had to, you couldn't just-leave-without saying a word.

"I want to take a break, from us." you rushed out, clenching your eyes shut and ducking your head into your arms, fearing for Harry's reaction. You felt his breath stop and his arm freeze, slowly withdrawing from your shoulder and his body move away from you.

'no-no please-I'm sorry' your mind begged him to stay close, to stay with you, you didn't want him to leave thinking you hated him. you needed to explain. You felt his fingers go under your chin, bringing your suddenly tear-streaked face to look up at him, a sob punching out of your chest when you saw his ever-warm ocean eyes.

"I understand, mo Leannan, we've been together-what, five years now? We're twenty-one now, it's understandable you'd need some time away from us to learn about yerself or-even just-" he cleared his throat, sounding uncomfortable with the notion of what he was about to mention "just time away from meh"

You shook your head, taking his hand and pulling it into your chest. No-you didn't need time from him. you never wanted to be apart you just...you just "I just-fuck." you sighed, rubbing your flushed face, it was so hard to explain. "I don't want to leave you-I still love you, I always will-fuck I don't think you'll ever leave my brain. I just...fuck I don't know, I don't know" you sighed, bonking your head into his shoulder, feeling his free hand curl over your neck and rub the skin there with his thumb.

You felt him kiss the top of your head "I understand my love, I really do. Words are hard, I get that more than anythin'...I think-ye just need some time away, so ye can let yerself enjoy me again, right?" you perked up, looking into his eyes, his wonderful ocean eyes that had captivated you from the moment you first looked into them.

You nodded, slowly-that-that was almost it. You sighed, rubbing your neck. "the-the closest I would kin it to, would be burn out, I guess...like-remember the time I took a long break from my art-because I just-couldn't do anything with it? No matter what?" he nodded, taking you in his arms and pulling you close "I guess I just-fucking love you so much I burnt out on you, and...I need a break so I can love you again without exhausting myself" you huffed, it sounded stupid-but it sounded right.

Harry just chuckled, kissing your cheek "aye, do what ye need ta' do darlin' I'll always be here, just know that." You let out another huff, feeling tears in your eyes as you buried yourself in his arms, it almost felt like he was fading away. "I know, I'll come back to you-I know I will. I love you, Harry"

He hummed, closing his eyes and pressing his cheek to your head, holding you close "I love you too (y/n), I'll see you soon."

"see you soon, Harry Hook"

-end-

....fuck I made myself cry.

Well, this was just a lil personal goodbye fic to Harry Hook. Back in September, I announced my break from him, for writing. Im still in the fandom and of course I'll talk about him and the others-just-for x readers, I'll be(and have been) taking a break. For now it'll be Walter Deville, Jtk, and maybe that one Max Wolfe fic I was beginning to do(I still need to watch-any of s1-p2 lol) otherwise, goodbye for now; Harry Hook.