Soulmate AU!- lost things

=

A soulmate. Something everyone had, whether they be on the Isle or in Auradon. You had watched your mom and dad hand things the other had lost back to each other, either be a pen or a full stack of papers.

Oh, did I forget to mention? Soulmates found whatever the other lost. So say one lost their phone? The other would find it moments later.

Sometimes appearing mid-air and dropping into your hands. Your mom had once lost her wedding ring when she was cooking, your dad decided to be all dorky and "propose" all over again.

It was one of your fondest memories of them, it always filled you with the hope that one day, maybe you and your soulmate would be that way.

Speaking of your soulmate.

A pair of headphones appeared out of the corner of your eye. You smiled and picked them up, examining them.

They were a dark red with black leather for the ear cushions, little silver and gold bits and bobs decorated the headband and outer shell of the speakers, a small cross bone skull painted on the left ear.

You knew for a while that your soulmate was and isle kid, from the state of the items he lost. Always run down or used, broken, worn down, and sometimes, things you had "lost" before that he had lost again.

Like this pair of headphones, it was a pair of headphones you had bought last month and "lost" them, and now soulmate had lost them again.

You tossed them onto your bed and continued to work, knowing you would soon forget about them and they would return to your soulmate.

=

Harry growled in frustration as he tore through his room for his headphones. "goddamnit!" he yelled, tossing up his pillows, hearing them thud on the ground behind him a moment later.

"where the hell are meh headphones!?!" Harriet rolled her eyes behind him, messing with the threads of her new shirt (mostly new, her soulmate had lost it recently)

"yeh dolt it's with yer soulmate, yeh will get it back soon jus' wait" she muttered, sneering as Harry turned to her and stuck his tongue out.

"shut up Hettie" he jeered back, grabbing his discarded pillows and tossing them back on his bed.

Somehow throughout the years, his soulmate had lost a lot of of....comfortable things, like soft fluffy pillows, blankets, hoodies, and even a full bag of food!

Sometimes he thought his soulmate purposely lost things to give him stuff. It was one of the reasons he wasn't starving to death or sleeping on a lump of stone for a mattress so he wouldn't complain.

"harry" he looked at his sister, pressing his lips together and shrugging.

"what" he stressed, eyes drifting to where she was pointing.

There on his dresser was his headphones, though they weren't there a moment ago "told ya"

Harry glared at her and snatched them off his dresser, tossing them around his neck and stomping out of his room.

=

"(y/n) I swear I can't find my new shirt! I just got it last week!" Audrey whined about her shirt, it was a non-expensive one but it was comfortable and breathable. You sighed through the phone.

"Audrey, if you can't find it, your soulmate has it, so just chill okay?"

She sighed "I know I know but that was a good shirt!"

"just buy another one?" you suggested, knowing she could easily do that.

"but that was-what the-oh" you heard something in the background and you sat up.