Mom!Reader - leaving

"hush now my baby, be still love don't cry" you sang softly down at the little black-haired boy on the ratty bed, your son

"hush now my baby, be still love don't cry" you sang softly down at the little black-haired boy on the ratty bed, your son...harry "sleep as your rocked by the sea~ you glanced toward the door, listening for hooks footsteps, but luckily for you... "sleep and remember my last lulaby~ so ill be with you when you dream~"

You kissed his forehead, taking his hand and curling your bracelet in his fingers.

"be strong my little love" you sobbed, tears streaming down your face, the salt burning the cut on your swollen cheek "ill be back for you, I love you"

You stood, flipping the hood of your jacket "mama" harry whispered out, scrunching his face up, curling up and pressing his hand holding the bracelet to his cheek.

"ill be back" you whispered, backing out of the room, eyeing the pirate ship approaching the barrier.

=

Harry's eyes snapped open, leaping from his bed, something was wrong, looking around, his door was cracked open, his mother's voice seeping through, she was...talking to someone?

"ma?" he whispered, slipping out of bed and padding over to the door, opening it just a bit farther, gasping as he saw his mother step onto another ship, tears reflecting off the moon.

"MA!" he screamed, racing out, she turned, her (e/c) eyes catching his, she knelt down opening her arms.

Harry jumped, crashing into her arms, sobbing as he screamed for an explanation

"my baby" she sobbed, "I'm so sorry, but this is the only way, they won't let me take you or your sisters with me" she leaned back, cupping his face and whipping his tears.

"But I promise you" her voice hardened "I will come back for you, I will"

Harry sniffed, leaping into her arms once more

"yeh better, ill miss you mama"

"ill miss you too my baby"

He watched as his mother sailed past the barrier, her bracelet clenched tightly in his hands, he gave one last sob, before turning back to his father's ship, making his way back into his room.

It was going to be a long 13 years for the young harry hook

=

Harry sighed, playing with one of the beads on his old bracelet, his mothers, he hadn't seen her for 13 years, since he was 6 years old.

Exactly 13 years ago, on this very day.

he saw her as she boarded the black stained pirate ship with black sails and sailed through the barrier.

He was never able to harbor any resentment or anger towards her though. the love he had for her was too great, and he knew she loved him.

After all, the bracelet he wore on his right wrist was one of her only prized possessions.

Other than himself.

He flinched slightly when a hand came to rest on his shoulder "hey Harry?" king beasty boy (ben) asked "are you okay? You aren't seeming that interested in the party?"

It was the 6-month anniversary of the barrier being permanently opened, reformed villains (Anastasia & Drizella, smee, Dr. Facilier, le Fou, Hades, Evelyn Deavor, Mor'du, and some others) and VKs.

He sniffed, rubbing his face as he spotted, dizzy with her aunt and mother "I'm fine beasty, just not...really feeling it righ' now"

Ben nodded, patting his back "well since your not feeling it, why don't you go welcome some pirates from the Carribean, I invited them a couple of months ago for today, I think they already docked."

Harry nodded, pushing off the wall and making his way down to the dock. Uma and Gil trailing behind him.

"Ben send you down here to welcome the new pirates?" Uma hummed taking his arm, which he had offered when she caught up with him.

"aye, any idea who they are?"

She shook her head, playing with his bracelet "nope"

Harry stopped, a stained black ship...and black sails.

"no way" he whispered, breaking away from his friends, racing down the stairs of the docks, skidding to a stop, gasping for breath.

A woman stepped into view, her black jacket flowing from her shoulders, a captain's hat on her head.

(h/c) hair peaking out, and...she looked up (e/c) locking with ocean blue.

"ma?" tears burned at his eyes, he felt like he was going to collapse.

You gasped, ripping off your hat and letting you (h/c) hair flow free. you raced toward him, catching him as he fell to his knees.

"Harry?" she whimpered, kneeling down to the floor with him, cupping his face, staring into his eyes.

"mom" he whimpered, his voice breaking "mama" his mother burst into tears, pulling him close, letting him bury his face in her neck. "mama you came back"

"I had to" you whispered, running your hands through his hair "I promised"

"I missed you"

You sobbed, kissing his cheek "I missed you too my love"

—the end—