Switching places - Soulmate au

soulmate au; body switching 

=

Soulmates, something everybody had, yes even the villains; and their children. Some found their soulmates young; some never did; either by choice or by chance. But everyone would and had met their soulmate by the age of 17, because on the 16th birthday of whoever was in question; they would switch bodies with their soulmates.

This would only happen twice in a lifetime for someone, once each 16th birthday; It allowed soulmates to look into each other's lives, see each other, learn about each other from their friends, family.

On the isle, it was unknown if this soulmate switch would work behind the magic barrier, some vks who were older than 16 never admitted to it working, too scared of what their parents would do. So many vks were going into the experience blind.

And unfortunately for Harry, his soulmate's birthday came before his. He went to sleep on a particularly boring but regular day of following Uma around and stealing things, a faint wish of the next day being more exciting whisping through his mind before he drifted to sleep. And when he woke up, he didn't realize he got exactly what he wished for.

Harry yawned, throwing his legs over the edge of his bed, sluggishly walking towards his bathroom only to trip over a trunk that wasn't there the night before "tha' fuc-" Harry suddenly was wide awake, his voice not his own and in a room that wasn't his own "THA' FUCK!" Harry screamed in panic, his voice in a different pitch than he was used to. It definitely wasn't puberty; he stumbled to his feet, racing over to the bathroom and flicking on the lights, screaming again as he saw 'his' face.

A (shape) face, (e/c) eyes, (color) hair, (s/c) skin, everything was different, what the hell had happened?! 'his' eyes caught on a calendar on the corner of the mirror, jaw-dropping at what he saw.

'16th birthday!' was within the circled date, which was that very day. Harry looked back in the mirror, finally realizing what had happened, he had switched with his soulmate. He leaned into the mirror slowly, gently dragging 'his' fingers across 'his' cheeks. "soft" he muttered, stepping back and looking down at his clothes, cringing a bit. Changing was going to be a bit....iffy.

You know what? he just-wouldn't look~!....wait shit what if they needed a bra?!

-

Well...that was-uncomfortable. Harry did his best to not look as he got his soulmate's undergarments on, and he let out a sigh of relief as he spotted their clothing, it was similar to his; piratey. He grabbed a loose white top, loose black jeans, boots, some belts, and rings. He had no idea how to dress his soulmate so he did his best. He took a single step outside the room, and he stopped, his heart going miles a minute after a moment of freezing.

He was out on the open ocean, not a single building or island in sight. He ran out onto the deck, dodging and weaving between crew members of the ship he now knew he was on. He slammed into the rails, tears in his eyes as he watched the dark waters pass below him, some dolphins and fish following the waves. "holy" Harry whispered, holding 'his' hand to 'his' mouth as he looked up at the pure blue open sky, no dark clouds blocking the sun, the smell of rotten fish gone, no barrier to keep him locked up.