exchange

Harry stared at the beautiful necklace in the window, hands in his pockets. The sapphire and ruby-encrusted jewelry staring mockingly at him.

All he wanted to do this year, was get his amazing girlfriend of 3 months her first Christmas gift from him, it had to be good or else!

'all guys know, if a girl doesn't get a good and expensive present for her birthday or Christmas, or an anniversary from their significant other, they'll dump 'em flat, it's just the facts Hook' Chad Charming had said that to him a little while after he and (y/n) had gotten serious.

Harry pulled out his phone, opening his bank account app.

$496.56 available in your account.

glancing back up, he grimaced at the price tag of the necklace

$2,000.99

"ugg, I'm never gonna be able to get 'er a present worthy of 'er"

shaking his head, he sulked down the street, making his way back to auradon prep. shivering as he made it inside, just in time for curfew, rubbing his hands together to gather warmth, and shaking off the cold snow from his shoulders.

"Harry~!" he felt a smile bloom on his face as he locked eyes on you, (short/long/mid-length) (h/c) hair gleaming under the lights, bright (e/c) eyes happy to see him, and a bright gorgeous smile.

god, he had gotten the most beautiful girl in auradon hadn't he? that's why he had to get the most beautiful present for her.

"bonnie lass~" he cooed, catching you with his arms and hips, spinning you around slightly as you jumped on him. "hehe, I was only gone for 20 minutes~"

"I know~ but I missed you" you mumbled into his chest, feeling the warmth radiating from him.

"Alright, alright little koala, let's go"

you giggled as harry carried you back to your dorm, letting you drop yourself back onto your feet.

"Thanks, hooky" you smiled, tiptoeing to kiss his cheek, which was still red from the cold.

"yer welcome love, now get some sleep" you nodded, pulling him into a quick hug before sliding back into your dorm.

"good night Harry "

"goodnight (y/n)"

=

you sighed as the door closed, god you were falling in love with that boy, and hard too.

"so what are you getting him for Christmas (y/n)?" Jane spoke up from her bed, smiling at the stupid grin on your face, but frowning when your smile dropped.

"shit! I don't know! he's so perfect, so I have to get him something perfect!!" Jane found herself laughing.

"what- why are you laughing?!"
Jane stifled her giggling, smiling at you "because the gift value doesn't matter, it's the person it's coming from that matters~!"

you sighed "I know but...Harry-Harry is my first boyfriend, so the first Christmas gift has to be perfect! and if it's not perfect, Harry will think I'm not worth it and then he'll leave me!!!!" Jane sighed and stood from her bed, walking over to you and gripping your shoulders

"if I help you find something, will you chill for at least a couple days about a gift for Harry?" you nodded vigorously, grabbing Jane's hands

"yes of course! thank you Jane!!"

Jane nodded, grinning "you're welcome, now go to bed!"

you laughed, releasing Jane and heading over to your dresser to grab your sweat pants and a Harry hoodie.