🦁 Investigation Start!

The next day, Gwen and Grim made their way to the infirmary. Gwen didn't really want to be back in here, as the last time she was in here, it was because she was in a comatose state for a week.

Grim looked around. "The guy who hurt his leg is in here somewhere. Find 'em!"

The two students waved them over. "It's Princess Gwen!" One of them beamed.

Gwen blushed. Ever since that one student introduced her as Heartslabuyl's Princess, all Heartslabuyl students had taken to calling her that. It was kinda embarrassing.

"Ooh, look at how famous you are!" Grim teased.

Gwen smiled at the two. "I'm very sorry to hear that you were hurt. Will you tell me what happened, please?"

The injured one on the bed frowned. "I don't really get it either." He said. "Him and I were just talking... before I knew it, I'd fallen down the stairs."

"Yeah." The boy sitting on the chair next to him nodded. "It wasn't like he stumbled or slipped or anything."

"Almost like my body just kinda leant forward." The injured student frowned. "I can't really put it into words well."

"I see, I see." Grim nodded.

"Thanks for your cooperation!" Gwen beamed at the two. "Please, feel better soon!"

"It was our pleasure, Princess Gwen!" The first one said. "Thank you for visiting me!"

"How sweet and kind our Princess is!" The second echoed.

Gwen quickly made her embarrassed escape, Grim snickering at her all the while.

***

Gwen and Grim cornered the next students in between periods as they were leaving Professor Trein's class.

"Hey hey." Grim called, getting their attention. "You got hurt pretty bad not too long ago, right? Tell us about it."

The two Pomefiore students looked skeptical. "And who are you guys exactly?" The first one asked.

The second one scowled. "He's upset that he can't participate in magift in top condition right now!"

"How could you be so tactless, throwing salt onto someone's wound like that?" The first one asked. "I challenge you! Pick up the glove!"

The two then froze, looking over Gwen's shoulder. An almost fearful look came onto their faces. Gwen glanced over her shoulder to look at the doorway, but didn't see anything.

"Fine." The first one said. "I'll tell you about that day."

"It happened in the laboratory." The second one started. "Out of nowhere he grasped a pot of boiling potion with his bare hands and threw the whole glass into an uproar! Then he went and knocked over the pot all over the counter. I was so surprised!"

"Are you going to tell them everything?!" His friend demanded, looking put off.

Grim hummed, nodding. "I see."

Gwen smiled gently. "Sorry for bothering you. Please take care and feel better soon. Thank you for answering our questions."

***

"I can't see anyone we talked to as anything other than clumsy." Grim said as they entered the dorm. He looked over at Gwen. "Do we still think these weren't accidents?"