🦁 Savanaclaw

"They're coming after us!" Deuce shouted as the party began to run away.

"Hey hey, wait up~" Floyd called after them.

"Who in their right mind would wait?" Riddle asked. "Everyone, retreat!"

The group ran even faster, Cater still holding Gwen's hand.

"Aah. There they go." Floyd whined.

"It was an enjoyable game of tag." Jade chuckled. "My my, Floyd. It is almost time to get ready at Mostro Lounge. We'll have to save playing with them for another time."

"Fine." Floyd sighs.

***

The group only stopped running when they got to Main Street. "That was scary." Grim panted. "What's their deal?"

"Don't ask me." Riddle replied. "They're been that way since last year and I just can't handle them."

"I'd be afraid of their revenge if I went after them." Cater said.

"I wouldn't even try." Ace added.

Cater looked up at the sky. "The sun's gonna start going down soon so let's get to our last Cater Check for today." He pulled out his phone to check. "Jack Howl from Savanaclaw Dorm. First year. He's super good at anything involving physical activity, and I heard a rumor that he got a flood of invitations from every sports club."

"It's late enough that he might already be back at his dorm." Deuce pointed out.

Riddle checked the time on his phone. "Ah, it's already 5:00. Laws of the Queen of Hearts, Number 346: One must not play croquet in the garden after 5pm. I'm going back to the dorm." He announced. "There are those who break the rules if I take my eyes off of them."

"I though you'd loosened up a bit but you're the same as ever." Grim complained.

"Huh... I thought I had loosened the rules up a lot, like a lot." Riddle replied.

Cater hummed in agreement. "You are much more lenient that before. Your seriousness is one of your good points, Riddle." Cater waved. "So, good luck, Riddle."

"We should get over to Savanaclaw." Ace said.

After Riddle departed, the group began walking down Main Street to get back to the Hall of Mirrors. Gwen paused, taking a look at the Queen of Hearts' statue. It had been fully repaired by now.

Gwen looked at it for a moment, expecting to see it turn into an image of Quinn, but nothing happened. Gwen sighed. There had been no further dreams or contact from Quinn.

"Is everything alright?" Deuce asked, drawing her attention away.

"I miss Quinn." Gwen confessed.

"Oh." Her boyfriends looked at each other. Ace wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "Well, she sounded cool! I wish I could've met her."

"She would probably try to adopt you." Gwen giggled. "You're a lot like her husband, Jack."

As the group started to walk again, Gwen's eyes caught the statue of the King of Beasts. She gasped, a headache beginning to form. Instead of seeing a stone lion, she was seeing something else. Untamed and wild hair. Bare feet and nails covered in black polish. Tattoos covering the arms.

"Gwen-Chan!?" Cater wrapped his arms around her. "What's wrong?!"

"I-I almost remembered something!" Gwen said, tearing her eyes away from the statue. "Ugh, my head hurts now."

Ace looked at the statues contemplatively. "This exact same thing happened when you looked at the Queen of Hearts' statue." He remembered. "Could it be you're going to remember someone else soon?"