🐙 Target Monitoring!

The next day, Jack and Gwen made the decision to skip their classes to follow Azul around. Crewel and Trein were going to be so mad, but it would be worth it in the long run.

"We came all this way to monitor Azul but..." Jack looked like he was having regrets.

"By skipping class." Gwen finished with a wince. "I'm sorry, My Alpha... you didn't have to come."

"I promised the headmaster I'd keep you safe." Jack reminded her. "I'm sure he'll see cutting class as part of it. That and I'm tired of this losing strength. If you're gonna find the secret to Azul's strength, I wanna know too."

***

They followed Azul to his first class, Music. This was one of Gwen's favorite classes. Azul stood up at the front of the class and began to sing.

Upon one summer's morning, I carefully did stray
Down by the Walls of Wapping, where I met a painter gay
Conversing with a young lad, who seemed to be in pain
Saying Gwen, when you go, I fear you will never return again

Gwen leaned forward a little. She... she knew that song! He was changing the lyrics, but Gwen knew the song! As she listened to Azul sing, the world around her faded to a dream.

Gwen was standing on the dock with Jack. He held her hand delicately, pleading with her to stay. Gwen smiled and shook her head, giving him a kiss before joining Crowley on the ship.

My heart is pierced by Cupid
I disdain all glittering gold
There is nothing can console me
But my jolly painter bold

Jack watched as the ship pulled out of port, the rest of Gwen's lovers by his side. Gwen waved at them for as long as she could until they vanished from view.

Her hair it hangs in ringlets, her eyes as green as coral
My happiness attend her wherever she may go
From Tower Hill to Blackwall, I'll wander, weep and moan
All for my jolly painter, until she sails home

Jack waited at the docks every day for her. The ship never arrived on its due date. Jack desperately went from port to port, trying to spot her ship. When the ship finally arrived home, only Crowley departed to greet Gwen's suitors. He shook his head sadly. Jack began to wail.

My heart is pierced by Cupid
I disdain all glittering gold
There is nothing can console me
But my jolly painter bold

Gwen had been traveling safely, excited to for her vacation with Crowley. But they weren't cautious enough about the darkening clouds or the waters getting rougher.

My name it is Azul, a merchant's child fair
And I have left my parents and three thousand pounds a year
Come all you pretty fair maids, whoever you may be
Who love a jolly painter that ploughs the raging sea
While up aloft in storm, from me her absence mourn
And firmly pray, arrive the day, she's never more to roam

The storm battered their ship, and Gwen clung to the railing in fear. Crowley tried to reach her, but he was too late as a massive wave slammed into the ship. Gwen was tossed overboard into the raging sea.

My heart is pierced by Cupid
I disdain all glittering gold
There is nothing can console me
But my jolly painter bold