Chapter 29: A Piece of Paradise

Takes place shortly after the last chapter of Family

"Okay, basically all forms of travel suck when you're pregnant," Angelina grumbled.  "I feel like I'm going to be sick."

"Yeah, same," Katie said queasily.  She rubbed her belly.  "I'm sorry baby.  You don't like it either."  She took the small vial from Harry and drank it.  "Thanks love," she said as she felt the anti-nausea potion kick in.

Angelina wiped her mouth after drinking hers.  "Thanks Rabbit.  That's a little better."  She looked around, "At least this would be the nicest place I've been sick at."

They stood in the middle of a very large natural area.  Hills dotted the landscape with woods to the west of them.  A small creek ran through and they were the only ones around.  The air felt fresh and tasted sweet, the wind blowing coolly about them.  It was idyllic in every sense of the word.

"Be careful!" Alicia called as Hadley and Hailey and Dahlia went running off.  "Is it safe for them to do that?" she asked, bouncing Melanie on her hip.

"Yep, the entire area has been inspected and only your run of the mill mundane animals around and no large predators," Harry said confidently.  "I also did a rudimentary ward line around and there's nothing to worry about right now."

"That's good," Oliver said as he took Melanie from Alicia.  "It's really nice out here."

"What are we doing here?" Luna asked brightly, looking about.

"Well, I asked all of you to come with me for a very specific reason," Harry said to his assembled friends and family.  "I've been working on a project for years now and Katie's really the only one that knows about it aside from Uncle Ted.  It's been ages since I started and I just got a bit of good news last week meaning the initial stage is pretty much done."

He gestured with his arms around.  "So this large bit of land used to belong to the Potters a long time ago.  They used to have a manor here and own the land around it.  I did some reading through my family Vaults and found the original deed.  Turns out the manor was broken down shortly before Tom rose and bits and pieces of the land was sold or taken through various ways.  My grandparents had a very nice place here before it was destroyed too during everything."

"That really sucks," George said.

"Yeah, but the most important things were put in Gringotts like pictures and books and things so it's okay overall."

Daphne looked around.  "This much land is on par with some of the most Ancient families."

"I checked, it's definitely smaller than most of them, actually the smallest, but it's still a good piece of land," Harry said.

"Too bad you lost most of it," Tracy said.

"Well, as of last week, I pretty much have it back together.  With investing my earnings and things and negotiations with parties, I've managed to gather everything together."

"So all this is yours?"  Fred whistled.  "That's awesome.  What are you going to do?"

"Don't you say it Oliver," Alicia said severely.

"But," Oliver looked around dreamily, "just imagine the size of the pitch we could have here."

Everyone laughed.  "Well I do plan on having a small one but that'll depend," Harry said.