Chapter 124: Looking Cool

Takes place not too long after chapter 103

"I am so sorry," Nathan repeated.

"Nate, it's fine," Harry said, grinning in Nathan's direction.  "I know it was an accident."

It was the end of practice and things had ended in rather spectacular fashion.  Harry had come out of a dive after harassing the Chasers and straightened, sitting up.  Which led to him taking a Bludger directly to the face.  The Bludgers they used in practice were a bit slower and not as hard as the regular Bludgers but they were still fast enough and more than hard enough to hit hard and create a suitable impact.  Harry had thankfully only been above the ground by a few feet and landed on his backside after being knocked off his broom.

His nose broke, which was easily fixed.  Katie was healing the rest of the blunt-force trauma away.  Unfortunately, there was a casualty that could not be healed so easily or completely.

"Hate to say it, but I think it's broken for good," Tina said sadly, looking down at the broken remains of Harry's glasses.  "Repairing charms aren't really doing more than barely holding them together."

"They are pretty old," Harry said.  "I guess it's time."

"Oh in that case, you should see my cousin," Nathan said brightly.  "He's an optometrist and has his own office."

"Ooh, magical or Muggle?" Katie asked.

"He does both actually!  Most of his patients are magical but he sees Muggle friends and family.  I can get you his address in a bit."

"I haven't had my eyes checked in a while," Harry said.  "Sure, sounds good to me."

"It's on me," Nathan said.

"I can afford it," Harry snorted before wincing a little, touching his nose.

"I really do feel bad, and I am offering for more selfish reasons," Nathan said.  He looked askance to the side at a growling Dahlia floating in the air and still waving a Beater's bat at him.  "As in completely self-preservation ones."

After the team had landed to check up on Harry and to make sure he was okay, Dahlia who had been sitting and watching with Katie, had scooped up an errant bat and toddled over to Nathan and attacked him out of a desire for revenge.  Nathan had gotten a surprisingly solid whack across the rear that made him whoop from pain and surprise and he had fled from the angry toddler who chased after him with remarkable determination.  Shelia had rescued him from further harm, laughing her arse off, and had Dahlia dangling in midair next to her.

"Why does she still have the bat?" Miranda sighed.

"You can try taking it from her," Shelia suggested.

"Dally, sweetie, give me the bat," Tanya said.

"No!" Dahlia cried, flailing with it.

"Dally, everything's okay and you defended your Daddy's honor very well," Tanya said, fighting her own laughter.  "Come on, be a good girl and give me the bat before you hit someone else with it."

Harry chuckled and got up with Katie's help and walked over to Dahlia, taking the bat from her easily and handing it to Tanya before holding his daughter.  "It's okay Dally, it was an accident and Daddy's okay.  I just don't see very well without my glasses and we'll have to get new ones for me."  He squinted a little.  "We should probably get your eyes checked too, just in case."