Chapter 153: The Calm Before

Takes place directly after the last chapter.

Trafalgar’s Pitch was absolutely full.

The placement games were done and it was the beginning of the run itself.  Even with the increased excitement and energy, the enthusiasm was even higher for a couple of reasons.  Of course England wanted to see their team go to the Cup Finale and win it all and be back-to-back champions.  The main reason, however, was that the first match would be against Bulgaria.

They still remembered the incredibly exciting match between Ireland and Bulgaria all those years ago, when Ireland won by Krum caught the Snitch, a feat that was still extremely rare.  Even with all the years passed, Krum was still a dominant player and had die-hard fans from around the world.  Bulgaria regularly did well every year during the European League and Krum remained a solid player with a very high catch percentage.

England loved the matches that Harry and Krum played against each other in European League games.  The way the League worked, not all of the countries played against each other often from year to year.  During Harry’s first two years in the European League, the two teams played against each other and Krum defeated Harry during his rookie year with England and Harry winning the next.  In the years since, the two have only played each other once more with Krum catching the Snitch at that time.

So now, England wanted to see their team win to progress along the Cup run as well as gain a bit of revenge.

Bulgaria was not without their supporters however.  A good portion of the fans were wearing Bulgarian colors and flying their flag, cheering for their team.  They were not cowed by the home team’s fans and worked hard to lessen the advantage.

“How’re you feeling?” Katie asked, deep in the tunnel leading onto the pitch from the England locker room side.

Harry smiled.  “Good,” he said honestly.  “I feel good.  I know Krum is a good player too but I’m not intimidated by him.  Not anymore.”

“Good!”  Katie kissed him.  “You got this, love.  You beat him the first time, and you’ll beat him this time.”

“Does the time at Hogwarts count?” Harry asked, grinning.

“Did you lose?” Katie asked.

“Well, no-“

“Did he win?” she asked, eyes dancing.

“No,” he laughed.

“Then it counts,” Katie said.  “And him underestimating you and wanting to humiliate you was on him and you still won.”

“I love it when you’re so feisty,” he said, voice warm.

“I’m always feisty for you,” she said and pulled him to her.  She made a rude hand gesture without breaking the kiss at an audibly gagging Angelina and Ginny.

“Healer Tina, we need some help,” Angelina said. 

“I can provide an anti-nausea charm or potion,” Tina said brightly.

“How about removing something stuck to someone’s face?” Ginny asked.

“No can do,” Tina said seriously.  “I love Dahlia, Iris, and Lucas too much to risk upsetting them.  That and I have a healthy respect for Hedwig.”