Chapter 4: Potter Panic

Takes place a few years after Dahlia's birth but before the final chapter.

"Hey, relax, what's the worst that could happen?"  George regretted his words at Katie's glare.  "We got it," he said soothingly.  "There are two intelligent blokes here, we can handle a little girl for a while.  We have our own sprogs you know."

Oliver held Dahlia easily, showing the truth to George's words.  "You two take it easy.  Enjoy your day.  You can trust us."

Katie looked at Harry who shrugged.  "They should be fine," he said slowly.

"I really wish Angelina or Alicia were here too," Katie muttered.

"You don't trust us?  Your old teammates?" they asked with hurt tones.

"Because you idiots were my old teammates," she replied severely.  "Okay fine.  We'll trust you."  She kissed her daughter.  "We'll be back later, okay sweetie?"

Dahlia fussed a little, trying to hold onto Harry when he kissed her next.  "I want to go," she said.

"Not this time.  Mummy and I have to go do some things at the bank for a while and run some errands but we will be back soon, okay?"  Harry sighed as Dahlia's grip tightened on his shirt.  "Maybe I should stay."

"Nah we got it," Oliver said as he gently got Dahlia to let go.  "Go on, if I can manage a team, not to mention two of my own, then I can handle this little one.  And George manages his own and a store.  We got it."

After some more words and kissing and waving, Harry and Katie apparated away from their home, leaving the two men and the little girl.

"I have half a mind to be offended," George sniffed.

"Only half?  What, Fred has the other half?"  He laughed at George's glare.  "Nah, you know you and I reacted the same the first time we parted from our own."  He smiled down at the pouting Dahlia.  "Come on Dahlia.  You'll have a good time with Uncle George and Uncle Ollie."

"What do you want to do that Mum and Dad won't let you do normally?" George asked her with a wide grin.

"I want Daddy," she grumbled, crossing her arms as only an irate toddler could.

"Aww, poor thing," George said.  "You and so many other witches," he added in a very soft tone, unable to resist.

Oliver snorted.  "Come on, let's go raid the kitchen and get some snacks.  Then we can build something together.  Won't that be fun?"

Dahlia, momentarily cheered up by the ideas, nodded and they entered the home.  The men found biscuits and fruit and ate them with the little girl, before sitting down in the living room with her block set.  They played for a while before Oliver dozed off.

After a while he woke, blinking slowly.  He looked around, trying to shake the sleep away.  "Uh, George?"

George was engrossed in the castle he was building.  "Yeah?"

"Where's Dahlia?"

"Helping me build the castle."

"Where?"