Chapter 79: Ice Place to Be

Takes place after chapter 73

"What is going on here?"

Harry looked up sheepishly.  "Oh uh, it...actually, I have no idea what it looks like."

Katie smiled at him.  "I have to hear how this came about."

Harry grinned.  "Well, it started with Luna reading to Lucas.  You know that big book of non-magical animals we got her?  She was reading it to him and showing him the pictures."

"Okay," Alicia said.  "With you so far."

"So she just finished reading to him about birds and Hedwig got interested.  Specifically about penguins because they don't fly.  Hedwig was curious about sliding around on the ice on your belly."

"Hedwig was curious," Hermione said, covering her mouth to hide a smile.

"Yeah so I transfigured a small pool, filled it with water and then froze it so she could slide around on it to see what it's like."

"You made an ice rink for Hedwig to pretend to be a penguin," Katie said.

"Yeah, pretty much."

"Okay, then explain the rest," Alicia said, her smile from ear to ear.

"Well the bunnies saw and wanted to try too and I might have transfigured their clothes into penguin onesies.  And since I did it for them, I couldn't leave Melanie or Rilly or Lucky out of it."  He flushed at the looks the witches gave him.  "What?" he asked, defensively.

"You are too damn cute," Katie said and kissed him on the lips.

"And so are the little ones," Alicia sighed.  She watched as the three older girls and Melanie and Iris slid around on the ice, squealing happily.

"How did Hedwig like it?  Actually, where is she?" Hermione asked.

Harry patted his front and a muffled hooting could be heard through his shirt.  "She enjoyed it but her belly got cold.  So she's warming up."

"You are too damn cute," Katie repeated.  "Stop that."

"I thought that was part of my charm," he said, batting his eyelashes.  He snorted when Katie pushed his face away.

"Part of it, sure."  Katie scooped up a wiggling Lucas dressed like a penguin.  "Now you are the absolute cutest and you should stay this cute."  She kissed him, making him giggle and pat her face clumsily with his little onesie wings.

"Oh my goodness, what is all this?!" Angelina asked.  She had walked out with Abby in one arm and George and Fred trailing her, Fred carrying Alex.  "Why are you all so cute?!"

"You lot look like you're having fun," Fred smiled.

"Slide with us!" Hailey shouted.

"The pool is a bit small for us," George said with mock sadness.  "And we don't have the right clothes."

Fred looked at the pool with a thoughtful expression.  He looked up at a nearby hill and slope.  "You know, you don't have to wait until winter to go sledding..."