Chapter 66: Favorite Food

Takes place after chapter 63

"Wow, Iris is not a fussy eater," Samantha said admiringly.

Iris sat in her high chair, waiting somewhat patiently to be fed.  She had her mouth open and eagerly gobbled down the spoonful of mashed vegetables that Katie fed her.

"Thankfully not.  She's a good girl," Katie praised and fed her another spoonful, smiling as Iris clapped.

"What kind of food is it?" Thomas asked.

"Harry makes it, lots of mashed things."

Samantha gave her son-in-law a big smile.  "Of course he does."

Harry shrugged, face flushed from pleasure.  "It's not that hard.  Mash veg and fruit up.  Or puree it.  Not together of course.  Spice it up a little but then I also spice up the rest of it more and that's what we're eating."

"We're eating baby food?" Lyla asked, pretending to be shocked.

"Yes, because you're a baby," Katie said.  She growled when Lyla's napkin bounced off her head.  "As you prove."

Samantha took the spoon and bowl from Katie and continued to feed Iris.  "Please do feel to grow up you two."

"Do I have to grow up?" Dahlia asked.

"Eventually, but take your time," Samantha said and the others chuckled.  "What's Rilly's favorite so far?"

"Mashed taters or mashed peas and carrots," Harry smiled.

"What a good girl, liking veg so early," Samantha cooed.

"I think she's like Dally honestly, anything Harry makes, she'll eat."  Katie ate a big bite of steak.

"Did Daddy make my food too?"

"Of course I did," Harry said and served her more steak and mashed potatoes.  "Still do of course."

Dahlia wiggled happily as she continued to plow through her plate.

"What's your favorite thing to eat?" Lyla asked her.

Dahlia sucked on her spoon thoughtfully.  "Anything Daddy makes."

"Anything?" Thomas smiled.  "You like everything he's made?"

"I don't like plain salad that much," Dahlia said after some thought.

"She really does eat almost everything Harry makes," Katie smiled.  "Some things she absolutely devours of course and others she doesn't ask for seconds, but she's a good girl and eats her food and doesn't waste it."  Katie chuckled.  "You should have seen her when Harry made that spicy chili sauce that one time."

"I felt so bad," Harry sighed.  "She's crying but continuing to eat.  Slathering it on her rice."

"It tasted good," Dahlia insisted while the Bells howled with laughter.  "It was just really hot."

"You don't have a favorite?" Lyla pressed.

"Well, I really like the beef stew Daddy makes.  That might be my favorite favorite," Dahlia said at last.  "I like Mummy's chicken and gravy too."