[S2E09] Tough Decisions

Over at Ash. Ultra Recon Squad Headquarters, Viridian City.

Ash entered his office in the morning. Pikachu hopped off of his shoulders and quickly ran over to a spot on the large table, where his pillow was. He sat down on the pillow, and closed his eyes to take a nap.

Ash walked over to the large revolving chair, and sat on it. He sighed, leaning back and turning around. He pressed a button under the table that made the wall behind his table glow before turning into a giant window.

Some moments went by in silence, as Ash just looked out the window and observed the city in peace. He swung his right arm a bit, stretching it.

"All that cleanup duty at the ruins sure did take a lot out of me." Ash thought, as he dealt with the fatigue in his right shoulder. "Well, at least I was able to clean things up completely." He thought.

Someone knocked on the door.

Ash turned on his chair and looked at the door. "Enter." He said, as the door opened. It was Zossie, holding a tablet.

"Is the report ready?" Ash asked Zossie.

"Yes." Zossie replied, walking over and handing the tablet to Ash.

Ash grabbed the tablet and began reading the report. He quickly skimmed through it, scrolling through the digital pages.

"Good to know things are somewhat back to normal." Ash said, putting the tablet on the table. "Have you heard from Rhi?" He asked Zossie.

"Mhm." Zossie nodded. "He really is preparing for a civil war on Auraini Prime. It wasn't a bluff."

"Are you sure you don't care about it?" Ash asked. "You're staying informed of the situation there. Must mean that you care."

"Rhi is my childhood friend." Zossie replied. "Of course I care."

"Then why'd you reject his offer?" Ash asked. "From the recordings, I could tell he was desperate for allies."

"I was quite unsure of what to do." Zossie replied. "But seeing Grandpa reject him helped me make my decision as well."

"Phyco's decision was that important, huh?"

"Grandpa is a smart man. A Psychic-type." Zossie said. "He can't be wrong."

Ash sighed. "I see." He said, in deep thought. "I understand your reasoning here, but I can sense unease within your aura." He added, looking at Zossie with glowing blue eyes.

"But Grandpa is always right." Zossie said.

"Stupid people don't have a monopoly on stupid decisions." Ash said.

Zossie fell silent. She started thinking hard now.

"In any case, I'm not against what you decided to do." Ash said. "The reason I'm bringing this up is that I don't want you to regret your decisions in the future. That's all."

"You'd rather see me join Team Ultra?" Zossie asked.

"I'd rather see you content with your choices." Ash replied.

Zossie was about to say something, when suddenly the door to the office opened. It was Soliera.

"Oh thank goodness you're here." Soliera said, as she hurriedly entered. She walked over and stood beside Zossie. "It's an emergency."

"What happened?" Ash said, getting up from his chair.

"We have a General of the Ultra Recon Squad visiting us." Soliera said. "A General from Auraini Prime. They just exited Ultra space above the stratosphere. They're descending right here."