'THE' Ash Ketchum

[Indigo League Journey Day 1, The forest between viridian city and pallet town, Kanto Region. 4PM Kantos Standard Time]

Serena's POV

Ash and I were on our way to Cerulean City and had just left Pallet town. The forest kept getting thicker as Pallet town got farther and farther from us. Pikachu was sitting on Ash's shoulders like always and was looking around the lush and green forest. Faint sounds of Pidgeys and Spearows were audible, different colors of flowers were blooming around the bushes of the thick green forest.

(In thoughts) "I still can't believe me and Ash are on a journey all alone! This is really exciting!" I said in my thoughts as my cheeks started to light up like a Charizard's tail. (In Thoughts) "I really wish Ash could come clean and make me his Girlfriend, i've seen the way he looks at me at times. I do hope this journey changes things between us. Or i'll do it myself like last time!" I said to myself in my thoughts again as I recalled our goodbye at the Airport in the Kalos Region. "I hope he breaks out of his shell soon" I said in a low voice without even realizing it. "Huh, Serena? Did you say something?" Ash said as he didn't seem to pick up on what I said but heard me regardless. "No, Ash! I didn't say anything!" I replied quickly in a nervous tone as I didn't feel that it was the time to talk about such stuff. Suddenly, two voices started to pop up in my head. One had a harsh tone, while the other spoke with a sweet melody.

(In head) "But how will he even know that you basically want to have his babies if you never tell HIM! He'll either accept it, or get away from you. Even IF he leaves you, you'll eventually find another guy!" My darker side told me as it tried to persuade me into going completely honest and clean with Ash, risking my friendship in the process.

(In head) "No, don't listen to that Serena, listen to me! You'll tell him when the time is right! You can't risk your friendship like that by taking things too fast, okay?" My lighter side said as it opposed the dark side and wanted Me to wait longer instead of putting my friendship with Ash on the line.

"Both of you! STOP!" I yelled out loud without realizing that it was my own thoughts that I was trying to stop from speaking. Ash listened to me and quickly stopped walking. "Pika?" (Why?) Pikachu said as he looked at me in a completely confused expression. "What happened, Serena?" Ash said to me as he turned around with one eyebrow raised. "Oh, nothing, Ash. It's just that.." I replied to Ash as I tried to come up with something. "Why don't we have supper?" I replied to Ash saying that I wanted to eat. Knowing Ash, He'd be thrilled to eat anytime! "Sure, Serena! let's have supper!" Ash said in a relieved manner. It felt like he was waiting for me to bring it up first. Ash reached his bag and took out a small green cloth that he put down on the ground. He sat down on it and started to take out some food from his bag that he had packed before leaving. "Cmon Serena, let's eat!" Ash said to me with a smile as he gave Pikachu some food to eat. 

"When should I even bring up such a risky topic?" I pondered as I kicked a small pebble on the ground in frustration. The Pebble flew deep into a few bushes nearby, and making a small noise. Suddenly, a buzzing sound started coming from the bushes. Pikachu picked up on the buzzing sound as he twitched both of his ears, leaving his food and positioning himself on all four of his feet and his yellow spiky tail in the air, ready to attack. Suddenly, a swarm of beedrill came out of the bushes, and looked completely pissed off. They were probably in the bushes and got disturbed by the pebble I had accidentally kicked towards them. "Quick! Pikachu! Thunderbolt!" Ash yelled as he quickly commanded Pikachu to attack the wild Beedrill. 

"PIka----CHU!" Pikachu yelled, jumping high up in the air as he built up electricity in his cherry red cheeks, causing sparks of electricity come out of his body and his cheeks as they filled up with electricity, and released it from them, as he executed a lightning thunderbolt attack. Pikachu's thunderbolt was powerful enough to affect all of the Beedrill that had just come out, causing them to retreat their attack.