The Return of Ashley Ketchum

[Indigo League Journey, Day 7. Viridian City, At the Venue of the Battle]

Writer's POV

Narrator: "After a great battle with the Champion, Our Heroes separated from Diantha, who left the place obviously due to having a busy schedule. Professor Sycamore and Sophie went with her as well, since she offered them a ride on her helicopter right off of the battlefield where the battle ended in a draw."

Ash with Pikachu on his shoulders, Serena, Bonnie and Clemont walked towards the main exit of the venue. The doors opened automatically, and a bunch of people that were waiting for Ash anxiously got visible.

"Ah!" Ash said in a stunned manner as suddenly every single person there started clicking pictures of him, with camera flashes shining brightly on his face.

(In Ash's thoughts) "This is gonna turn out like the last time if I don't handle it well--- But how do I handle it--?" Ash said to himself while looking around at everyone taking his pictures. They were all there since they wanted to know more about his Greninja's unique form and just the fact that he had proven himself as powerful as the Kalos Champion.

Suddenly, Ash remembered something from his time with Sir Aaron in the past. 

(In Ash's thoughts) "Sir Aaron was well-known too, but he acted like he couldn't even see the people that stopped as they recognized him. I should try doing that--- If it works for him, it could work for me too." Ash said to himself as he quickly grabbed Serena's hand and started walking forwards.

"Sir-- Sir--- One Question---Simple Question Sir--- Ash-Greninja? What does it mean, Sir? How does it happen, Sir?" Various different reporters said to Ash while pointing their microphones at his face. Ash kept moving forwards while holding Serena's hand as the interviewers kept backing away as Ash stepped forwards.

Ash walked straight through the crowd, without uttering a single word at all. Soon, they reached a point where there was nobody trying to get his interview or take his pictures. They were all on a park area, where not many people were present at that moment.

"Phew! I made it out alive--" Ash said while leaning a bit as he took a sigh of relief and released Serena's arm. "Whoa-- that was kinda intense---" Clemont said as he too sighed.

Suddenly, someone approached the group from behind. "Serena! Hi!" Shauna, everyone's good friend from Kalos said as she walked forwards.

"Shauna!" Serena said as she and Shauna had a little hug. "it's been a while" Shauna said to Serena as she released her from the hug.

"I saw your match earlier, Ash. You were so great in it with your Greninja!" Shauna said to Ash in her cheerful manner. "Well--- Thanks---" Ash replied nervously while rubbing the back of his head.

"So, how's your preparation for the Veteran Class showcase going? I've been practicing a lot lately!" Shauna said to Serena in her cheerful way. "Uh-- I've been practicing--- here and there--" Serena replied in a doubtful manner as she started  thinking deeply about how much she lacked practice at this point.

"That sounds great! Now, are you going towards the fashion show? There's going to be a lot of new designs that I wanna see. I might just pick my outfit for the Showcase there" Shauna asked Serena.

"Um--" Serena said while looking back at Ash, who nodded back quickly with a smile on his face. "Sure! Let's go!" Serena replied to Shauna in her cheerful manner.

"Let's go then! There's a lot to be seen there! Fashion shows, beauty tips, and also I heard about an old chef that's going to have her rare and unique Pokepuffs on sale!" Shauna said as she started walking, with the group now following her.