The Beginning of the End

Author's Note #1: Opinion on new cover? Wish I had the energy to make a fresh one, since this is just two of my past artworks stitched together. I thought it was time to change the cover a bit, so I opted for a villain/hero theme.

Author's Note #2: This chapter is a bit shorter than the regular ones (79% length compared to usual), as I didn't want too much happening in just one chapter. I hope the experience doesn't get affected by that fact. Do express your opinion on it after reading the whole thing.

Author's Note #3: Hello there! Just a quick request before this chapter starts: Jesus Christ needs your help! Below is the YouTube video of a great YouTuber who does a cosplay(?) of Jesus Christ on his channel. He really needs your help, as he is in a court battle for custody for his children, and the costs are too much for him at this point. Please, help him out anyway you can. Even sharing the video is a form of helping. If you don't have any means to help Jesus financially, share the video with someone who can.

That is all, Thank you. Now, moving on to the chapter.

=====================================

Over at Lillie, at her house. Melemele Island, Alola Region.

Lillie was standing in the balcony of her room, looking out at the greenery before the blue Alolan horizon. Nebby screeched from inside her room.

"No, Nebby." Lillie said. "Clemont and Hobbs are still checking nearby. We need to make sure nobody is watching us." She added.

Nebby screeched from the inside, a bit saddened in tone.

Lillie had her PokeGear in her hand, pointing at her face. She was on a video call with Riley.

"You don't really have to keep calling me like this, Lillie." Riley said on-screen.

"No, It's okay, Detective!" Lillie replied. "You helped me so much in the past to keep Nebby safe--- It's the least I can do." She added.

"Don't think much of it--- It was my duty." Riley responded.

"How long are you going to stay bedridden, Detective?"

"A few more weeks. I've healed up, but my body still isn't accustomed to the lack of two limbs. It's the psychological part of the injury that's holding me back."

"Weren't you getting a prosthetic arm?"

"Yes. After some time. I need to learn how to control my Aura again. I keep trying to unconsciously send it to limbs I don't have anymore."

"I hope you get well soon--- I'll come visit you sometime!"

"Yeah---" Riley said, as his eyes started to close. "I think the medicine is kicking in--- I'll--- later--" He added, trying to cut the call, but fell asleep before doing so.

Lillie kept looking on, as Riley remained asleep. Then someone walked into his room, as appeared from the side.

"Why, hello!" The person said, appearing from the side, while looking at the screen. It was Mohn; Lillie's father that was presumed dead long ago. "You must be the girl that keeps checking up on Riley's health!" Mohn said cheerfully, clueless to the fact that he was talking to his own daughter.

Lillie's eyes widened, as soon as she looked at Mohn. She experienced a sharp jolt of pain in her head, making her hold it.

"Are you alright?" Mohn asked.