Detective Serena

[Indigo League Journey Day 2, Viridian City Hospital, Viridian City. 9PM]

Writer's POV

Serena is sitting on the same bench next to Ash's Bed in the Emergency Room. The room was now very dimly lit, since Ash and Pikachu were on the bed, in deep sleep. Neither Brock, or any of the other Pokemon were in sight since they went to the market area get some clothes for Ash, who had managed to wear out his current outfit during his Z-Ring Stunt. 

Serena's POV

It had been a while since Nurse Joy left the ER after Ash was given his medication. The medication caused him to go fast asleep soon. "I volunteered to take care of Ash in a heartbeat, but since he's fast asleep now, this is just plain boring" I said to myself as I watched Ash snore in his sleep like there's no tomorrow. "I released Delphox earlier and She went somewhere with Greninja and Brock. I wonder where those two went at this hour." I thought to myself as I got up and looked around the empty hallway of the hospital.

I just couldn't stop thinking who those girls were that Brock and Nurse Joy mentioned. "Obviously Ash was hiding something from me. I need answers!" I said as I put on my imaginary detective hat. "Okay, let's recap this. Nurse joy and Brock knows about this 'Misty' girl, and according to Brock, Misty has or hopefully, had a crush on Ash. Which, He denied." I thought to myself as I refreshed my memory.  

Suddenly, Bayleef enters the ER. "Bayy!" (Sup) Bayleef says to me with a smile. Looking at her, I quickly went in full interrogation mode. "Quick, Sit on this chair" I said to the green grass Pokemon. I turned on a focused light right on her and started my interrogation. "Place your hand on this Pokemon guide book and pledge that you shall only speak the truth and nothing else than the truth!" I said as I extended my arm, holding a Pokemon Guide book. Bayleef placed her fore limb on it and went "Bay-Bay!"  and sounded like she had pledged like I told her to.

"Now tell me! You've traveled with Ash and his friends quite a while back, yes?" I asked Bayleef. "Bay!" (Yes!) She replied as she nodded her head 'yes'. "Very good, Now, did you travel with a certain 'friend' of Ash? A girl named 'Misty'?"  I asked her. "Bay!" (Yes!)  Bayleef replied with another nod. 

"Okay! now tell me! What do you know about Ash and Misty's relationship? Do they like each other? Cmon, I need to know!" I asked Bayleef as I started to get a bit desperate for answers. "Bay-Bayyleef, Bayy-bayy" (It's hard to say, but they gave some hints some times) She replied to me in a disciplined manner with a bit of a confused tone. I stood there in complete confusion myself, since I could only understand the nods from before, but full Pokemon speech is beyond my understanding. "Who am I kidding! This is hopeless!" I said after hearing a continuous "Bay Bay", which made Bayleef look at me in a confused manner.

[Meanwhile, at the Viridian City gym, also a secret Team Rocket Head Quarters ]

Writer's POV

Jessie, James and Meowth of Team Rocket have been called to the Team Rocket H.Q by Team Rocket leader, Giovanni himself. He had been humiliated by a very young trainer in a 3-on-3 battle which was won by the challenger who used just one Pokemon that was completely unknown. Giovanni ordered his assistant to call a Team Rocket group so he himself could brief them for a special mission to steal that Pokemon from its trainer.

"Why do you think the boss would want to see us?" Meowth said to Jessie and James in a curious tone. "Maybe he wants us to bring some rare and valuable Pokemon. I mean, after all, that's what we were hired for in the first place" James replied as he brainstormed what could possibly be the case.