Detective Looker's Chase

[Indigo League journey. Day 7. Viridian City Airport. 7PM]

Writer's POV

Narrator: "Alain has arrived in the Kanto Region, and is about to start his quick journey. But little does he know, the First Gym he's going to battle is about to get a visit by the one and only, Detective Looker."

Alain was standing with his Charizard, rubbing the Pokemon's neck after getting the virus antidote injection done and over with.

"Thank you for co-operating and giving your Pokemon the antidote. Your Motorcycle will be here in an hour on the cargo plane. We welcome you to the Kanto Region" A lady in the Airport's counter said to Alain.

"Appreciate it" Alain said as he called back his Charizard in his Pokeball and left the airport to challenge the Viridian Gym while his bike comes over from the Kalos Region.

Time Skip: Alain is outside the Viridian Gym. It is night time, but the gym is open.

Alain was holding a black-colored PokeGear that he had gotten from Clemont a while back. He was looking at the details of the Viridian City gym on the PokeGear. 

"Hmm--- Viridian City Gym. Leader Unknown, Gym is supposed to be closed but is open, and it's all ground-type Pokemon." Alain said as he looked at all the details in his PokeGear.

Alain threw Charizard's Pokeball and called him out. "So, Charizard. It's a Ground-type gym. And you're the only Pokemon I have on hand. You think you can handle it?" Alain asked his powerful Fire-type Pokemon.

"Grr---!" (You bet I can!) Charizard replied courageously while forming a fist. As always, Charizard was ready to push himself to his limits.

"Let's go then" Alain said as he called back Charizard and moved forwards towards the Gym's entrance.

[Meanwhile, Inside the Viridian City Gym a.k.a Team Rocket HQ]

A Team Rocket Grunt was talking to someone on his small earpiece while sitting in his small room. He was the same grunt that handed Dr. Fuji a note with Ash's details, and also the one that recently leaked the Team Rocket Virus Antidote to Professor Oak.

(On-Earpiece) "What exactly happened at the Silph Company, Agent?" A Man asked the Grunt on his small earpiece. 

"I don't know exactly what, but you gotta hand it to Agent Ketchum for that one. The guy's a natural" The Grunt replied to the Man on the earpiece.

(On-Earpiece) "And what about Giovanni? We have intelligence that he's hiding in the Viridian City Gym. We need solid confirmation, Agent." The Man asked The Grunt on his earpiece.

"Yes. I can can assure that the intelligence you gathered is correct. Giovanni is in fact present at the Viridian Gym. Although there is no solid evidence if he's accepting challenges as a gym leader or not at this point" The Grunt replied to the Man.

(On-Earpiece) "10-4 on that, Agent Lance. Expect a loud visit from us soon at the Viridian City Gym. Over and Out" A Man's voice said as the earpiece shut off.

The Grunt was actually the Kanto Region Champion Lance, who had been undercover for some days now, gathering intelligence about Team Rocket's plans. It was the sole reason why he couldn't make it to his exhibition match against Diantha earlier that day.

"Well, time to get ready and act surprised when they come kicking down the doors" Lance said to himself as he put on his black Grunt's hat and glasses and got ready for his undercover duty.