A Null Search! The Step-Battle!

Author's Note: If you spot any errors, Message me or Comment at the exact spot. I'm out of energy at this point and just want to get the chapter published. 

Appreciate you taking the time to read my book. 

[Aether Foundation secret lab, previously belonged to Team Rocket]

Lusamine was sitting in the office, after getting the machines installed in the lab and everything now ready for Nebby, the Cosmog. She was going through some files for potential recruits for her organization when she came across one that sparked her interest.

"Bobby!" Lusamine said while looking at the door. Suddenly, a fat Team Skull grunt opened the door and entered.

"Yes, Ma'am!" Bobby said as he saluted Lusamine.

"I want my Niece here A.S.A.P. understood?" Lusamine said to Bobby, handing him a document with some details.

Grunt Bobby looked at the document for a second. "Yes Sir Ma'am! I'll get in touch with our grunts over there! She'll be here in no-time!" Bobby said to Lusamine as he left the office with the document in his hand.

Lusamine then continued on her work, looking for more potential recruits while going through the files.

"If only Guzma were a bit more useful than he already is---" Lusamine said to herself after taking a sigh, as she continued on with her work.

[In the middle of the forest area around R22, Kanto Region.]

Gladion was walking through the forest, on his search for Type:Null. Gladion's Umbreon was walking alongside him, sniffing around in order to locate the runaway Pokemon.

Suddenly, a faint noise of screaming came.

"AAAHHHH!" *SLAM* The team Rocket Trio, along with Calem slammed on the ground after having their fall broken by some tree branches.

"Ow---" Jessie said as she rubbed her head.

"That was no fun" James said as he got up.

"Speak for yourself, you blithering idiot" Calem said to James.

"Get off you guys! Da weight is killin' me!" Meowth said, who was buried under everyone.

Everyone got up on their feet and dusted off. Gladion looked on for a second, before walking away along with his Umbreon and minding his own business.

"Hey you! Stop right there!" Calem said to Gladion as he got up straight. Gladion walked away as if he heard nothing at all.

"I said Stop!" Calem said as he threw a Pokeball, calling out his red Gyarados.

Gyarados roared as it came out of it's Pokeball, and landed straight in front of Gladion.

Gladion looked at the Red Pokemon in front of him, with an emotionless expression. "What do you want? I don't have time to play with pre-k level trainers." Gladion replied to Calem in his cold and not interested manner. He didn't bother to turn around and talk to Calem while facing him.

"I want that Umbreon of yours!" Calem exclaimed. "Yea right! You show em' boss!" The trio said as they stood behind Calem.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. You won't stand a chance against me." Gladion said while still looking away from the trio and Calem. Gladion then walked right beside the Red Gyarados and on his way.

"What the hell?! You're going down, you little #@$@##!" Calem yelled at Gladion in anger. Gladion quickly turned his head 180 degrees, looking at Calem with one eye in an intimidating manner.