Bonds (Part 2)

Drone: "Team Spark versus Team Candela: Battle begin!"

Ash and Spark stood together at the bank of the river, looking at their first challengers: Candela and her Mother.

"The name's Leia." Candela's Mother exclaimed, taking out a Great Ball from her uncommon Pokeball belt. She had only one Pokemon with her, and so did Candela. Ash responded by telling his name as well, even though it wasn't required to introduce himself.

Spark smirked, looking at Candela. "I see you're going for that strategy we use online."

"Exactly!" Candela replied, squinting her eyes.

"What strategy is this?" Ash asked.

"You attack an opponent before they have time to get completely kitted up." Spark replied. "That has more luck involved, but if your opponent doesn't have good loot, they're screwed." He added. "Which means, that they have some firepower with them that made them so confident."

"You're right on that part!" Candela exclaimed, taking out a Great Ball. Both Candela and Leia threw their Great Balls at the same time.

*Pop*

"Draa-gonairrr---!" A Dragonair emerged from Leia's Great ball.

*Pop*

A Pupitar screeched, emerging from Candela's Great ball. Its eyes were a bit squinted with dark bags underneath; an indication of exhaustion.

Ash and Spark threw their Pokeball and Ultra Balls, calling out Abra and Cloyster. Both the Pokemon stood together, waiting for the commands from their trainers.

Ash began thinking. "This doesn't look good." He thought. "Abra's only damaging attack is electric type. Pupitar is immune to it, while Dragonair resists it." He added, before glancing over to Spark's Cloyster. "On the other hand, Cloyster's both moves are super effective. Ice and Water."

Before either side could call out a move, something rather odd just happened. Both Pupitar and Dragonair; the Pokemon from Team Candela, attacked without commands from their trainers. Dragonair flew ahead and spread its tubular body in the middle of the battlefield, presumably in order to launch an attack, while Pupitar used Rock Throw.

Pupitar's attack hit Dragonair.

*BAM*

Dragonair got knocked down, but quickly got up. It looked visibly angry at Pupitar, and quickly attacked it. Both Pupitar and Dragonair suddenly began fighting among themselves, leaving Team Spark's Pokemon just standing there, looking at each other's faces. As the quarrel went on, a wild Machoke curiously looked on from the nearby tree tops.

Ash and Spark stood there, looking at their opponent self-destruct within moments, as their Pokemon knocked each other out.

Drone: "The battle has been decided. Team Spark wins. Team Candela is required to leave all of their loot on the spot and let this drone escort them to the exit."

Candela's eyes twitched. "H-How did this happen---?" She questioned. "Unbelievable--- I thought we could win by using the strongest Pokemon we could find---" Her mother added.

Ash sighed. "It appears you guys kept on training these Pokemon hard, and didn't take into account how they're gonna behave once they become too powerful for you to control." He commented. "It didn't help that you caught the strongest Pokemon you could find, instead of catching the friendliest ones." He added, visually pointing at his team's Abra and Cloyster, which weren't trained much at all, but did stay calm and wait for orders from the Trainers they respected enough to listen to.