[S2E07] Rhi's Arrival

Over at Serena, Ash's house. Pallet Town.

Serena was sitting on the couch watching TV. She was watching some K-drama while being so heavily invested in the plot that she didn't even blink.

Suddenly, the episode stopped and a news report took its place. A female news anchor got visible on-screen.

The News Anchor began reading the report. "Breaking news coming from the Galar Region. The Terrorist Organization from Auraini Prime known as Team Ultra has just claimed responsibility for a bombing and stealing of a pair of artifacts that were only known in ancient legends of the Galar Region." 

The report continued. "Our Team managed to learn that Team Ultra was first founded by an ousted dictator on Auraini Prime. Their main objectives are understood to be the total destruction of The Ultra Recon Squad. It must be noted that this is the first time Team Ultra has been confirmed to operate in any region on Earth."

The reporter read something off the screen on her table. "Champion Ash Ketchum of the Ultra Recon Squad was questioned by our reporters earlier regarding the situation. Take a look."

The news bulletin transitioned to a video of Ash as he spoke to a reporter. "The Ultra Recon Squad is working hard around the clock to make sure the members of Team Ultra are caught, and their operations on Earth cease completely." He said. "We'll stop them at any cost."

"I see." The reporter replied. "But don't you believe that allowing the Ultra Recon Squad to expand to the Earth has brought their enemies here as well?" She asked. "Don't you believe that you're responsible for any lives that are endangered or lost as a result of the actions of Team Ultra?"

Ash froze up for a second, and then squinted his eyes. "We assure the citizens of the world that we're doing everything to take down Team Ultra as fast as we can. The Ultra Recon Squad is committed to protecting the world and keeping it safe from threats that organizations such as Team Ultra pose." He said, before turning around and walking away.

Serena's eyes widened as she blankly stared at the tv screen. Her phone began ringing which she answered instantly.

"Yes, Ash. I understand." Serena said instantly before Ash could say anything to her. "I can understand if you're going to cancel tonight's plans."

"I'm really sorry, Serena." Ash said on the phone. "This just turned into a giant shitshow with the mass media involved. I'm not even sure if I can come back home for the next few days. I need to handle this quickly."

Serena sighed. "Don't worry about me, Ash." She said. "Just be safe out there."

"I will." Ash replied. "Thanks, Serena! I love you. Bye."

"I love you too." Serena said, as Ash ended the call.

Serena put her phone away, and leaned back on the couch. She took a deep sigh.

---

Over at Ash.

Ash entered his office, and closed the door behind him. Nobody was inside the plain-looking workplace except Pikachu, who was sleeping on a pillow on his table.

Ash raised his right hand, and activated the God stone's time-traveling powers. A faint blob appeared in front of Ash, but didn't expand into a portal.

Ash surprisingly looked on. "That's odd. I can't reach the place and time of the attack." He thought. "I wonder what's going on."

Ash lowered his hand, and then closed his eyes. He focused his powers, before a portal opened beneath him, and swallowed him whole.

...