The Final Challenge! Indigo versus Sinnoh!

> There's rumours of armoured evolutions being a thing in Pokemon Sword / Shield. (Info came from an anonymous 4chan post that correctly predicted the names and regional setting of the game)

> mfw I realize that I had samurai armor power-up for Greninja ages ago.

> Brb wearing tin foil hat.

=======================

Was going to split this up into two chapters, but decided to merge it to one. I hope you enjoy! Please leave a vote if you like it! I see a lot of commenters enjoying the chapter but not bothering to leave a vote :( It helps me out a lot, so please, don't hesitate to leave a vote if you enjoy the chapter! Trust me, it's completely free!

=======================

Over at Guzma, the day Ash won against Steven Stone. Viridian City, Kanto Region.

In a dark alley, Guzma marched around, with a few Team Skull Grunts right behind him. He adjusted the glasses over his forehead, while attentively looking around. He had a serious look on his face.

Suddenly, a few dark figures got visible in the distance.

"Right on time." A Female voice said. "I didn't expect the likes of you to be punctual."

"Hah." Guzma responded, looking at the dark figures as they took a step towards him. They were all Team Rocket Grunts. "Ya boy Guzma doesn't go back on his word."

"Then I believe our alliance is going to be fruitful." The Female Grunt responded.

"Ya boy isn't gonna say yes to the likes of ya!" Guzma exclaimed. "I'll reply to the face of the big man!"

"Do you wish to speak directly to the boss?" The Grunt asked. Guzma nodded in response. "Very well. We'll arrange a meeting." She added.

Guzma grinned. "Ciao." He said, before turning around. "Let's get outta here." He said to the Team Skull Grunts, who followed him on his way out of the dark alley.

---

An hour later, over at Phyco. Holon Region HQ.

Phyco and Lawrence were inside a special white room, with two items in front of them on a white table.

"First, a Celtic blade. Now, a shield?" Phyco asked, looking at the two items; A Sword and a Shield.

"This shield belonged to my old Teacher, just like that sword." Lawrence said. "It might have some use if we study its materials and engravings closely." He added.

"You mean you want me study it." Phyco added.

"In essence, yeah." Lawrence said. "Are you gonna decline?"

"I'm in no position to do such a thing." Phyco responded. "I have been curious about Celtic Auranian Magic myself. This is a learning opportunity for an intellectual Psychic-Type like myself." He added.

Suddenly, something beeped from the corner of the room. Lawrence and Phyco looked at the source of the noise, which came from a small device placed on a shelf.

"It looks like you've got a call." Lawrence said, as he brought over the device. It was Phyco's high-tech glasses. "Accept it and put it on speakerphone. Keep the camera off." He ordered Phyco.

"Understood." Phyco replied, pressing a few buttons on the device.

Instantly, a hologram projected from the glasses, with Guzma visible on it.

"Yo yo yo, Phyco! It's yo boy Guzma!" Guzma exclaimed, appearing in the hologram as a 2D video call.

"Hello, Guzma." Phyco replied, gulping for a second. "Where are you?" He asked.