Staying True

Disclaimer: There are some views expressed by a character in this chapter that may be offensive to some. Keep in mind that they are not part of any kind of propaganda being spread by me or anything of the sort, and are there as mere thoughts in order to give a character depth into how they see the world.

With that in mind, let's proceed with the chapter :)

============================

*Black screen*

"The world pushes us without mercy, and when some push back, the world points and cries---" The voice said.

"Who am I---? What am I---?"

...

"I--- I know who I am--- I am the protector of Pokemon all around the world. I may be created by humans, but that doesn't mean I must be insane like they think I am--- I am MEWTWO!"

"What are you blabbing on about?" The voice of a girl said.

"Hah!" Mewtwo said, opening his eyes.

"Amber!" Mewtwo said, shocked

"Amber!" Mewtwo said, shocked. He then looked around at the dark surroundings, and at the huge full moon. "It's one of those dreams again---" He added, as he looked at his shortened body.

"Of course, it's a dream!" Amber replied, happily floating around. "You were thinking about killing humans again, right?" She asked.

"They are the reason that I was brought into this world; Mewtwo, a killing machine." Mewtwo replied. "Why must I think otherwise of my capabilities?"

"You're so easily manipulated by your own thoughts!" Amber replied, as she floated and stopped right in front of Mewtwo's face. "Remember what you once said: 'The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are'."

Mewtwo closed his eyes, thinking.

"Are you really willing to kill?" Amber asked.

"It was just an afterthought." Mewtwo replied, looking away. "I've met many humans that helped me, which made me believe that not all of them are the same as the cruel Giovanni." He added.

Amber giggled.

"Why are you always here?" Mewtwo asked, looking at her while squinting his eyes. "You died many years ago, yet you still talk to me as if you're alive till this day." He added.

"I don't know how I end up like this every once in a while too, Mewtwo." Amber replied, looking at her body. "It's weird for me, since you act like you knew me before we started meeting each other in these weird dreams." She added, looking around at the night landscape of an unknown town.

"You're the deceased daughter of Dr. Fuji. Our minds were linked when we were artificially created in a lab." Mewtwo said. "That is what the truth is, and you're a figment of my imagination."