[S2E10] Declaration of War

Over at Ash. Ultra Recon Squad Viridian City HQ. Monday evening.

The meeting of all Ultra Recon Squad's Earth division representatives was ongoing. After the initial pleasantries and exchanges, Ash had revealed all that he learned about how the Ultra Recon Squad was planning to invade Earth in the near future once the war was over.

There was an eerie sense of calm among everyone.

"Shall we have a vote to decide?" Ash asked, looking at the numerous delegates in front of him.

Everyone agreed to having a vote, to decide what would be the fate of the contract given to Earth.

The results were in, as every representative present in the conference voted.

129 in favor of NOT accepting the contract.

2 in favor of accepting the contract.

59 abstained/absent from voting.

"I guess that concludes everything." Ash said. "The time is 0600 hours in Japan, and the day is Friday. As the leader of the Ultra Recon Squad's Earth Division, I hereby announce that we're not going to be supporting the Auraini Authoritarian Party with the civil war on Auraini Prime." He added. "We'll be formally rejecting their offer later today."

The meeting then concluded, as all screens turned off.

...

Later that day, at a brief meeting with the Auranians, General Wang was told that his proposal was rejected, and that Earth was not getting involved in the fighting on Auraini Prime.

General Wang was clearly displeased, but quietly left with his delegation to pack their things, and prepare to leave the planet.

Ash and Phyco stood together in a cargo bay of sorts near the top of the HQ building, as they discussed how their plan had gone. There were multiple URS personnel present in the distance, packing crates and loading them on the spacecraft that General Wang used to get to Earth.

Suddenly, General Wang approached Ash and Phyco, along with some of his guards.

"Agent Phyco. Ash Ketchum." Wang said, as he stopped a few steps away. "I have some important notice for you." He added, turning to Phyco. "You must be receiving a message soon. Read it, and report back to base."

Phyco went serious, as he pressed a button on his helmet. His glasses showed a new message, which he began reading.

"I... I require some time." Phyco told Wang.

"Do what you must, but I need to remind you, that delaying the supreme leader can carry grave consequences." General Wang sternly stated.

"Wait, what was that again?" Ash asked, shocked as he looked at Wang and then at Phyco. "What message did you get?"

General Wang cleared his throat. "Mister Ashton Lawrence Ketchum. The Auraini Authoritarian Party has decided that any exchange of intelligence with Earth is to be ceased with immediate effect." He said. "All personnel and assets are to be returned back to Auraini Prime, including any technology built by any Auranian during their refuge on Earth." He added. "Everyone in the Ultra Recon Squad that is not of Earth origin is to return."

Ash squinted his eyes. "So these are your consequences for not playing ball?" He asked.

Wang chuckled a bit. "I am merely carrying out my orders." He replied. "I would advise that you comply with our demands quietly. We do not take kindly to those that do not honor their word."

Ash turned to Phyco. "So this is it?" He asked. "Just one letter, and you're being forced to leave?"

"I have no choice." Phyco replied. "Before I came to this planet, I had sworn to uphold the orders of the Party. The same goes for any Auranian that came to Earth with and after me."