[S2E01] Anna and Zenith's Birthday

Ash was sitting in an office alone, typing an e-mail on a laptop regarding multiple terrorist bombings around Kanto in the past weeks. He pressed the enter key, and then leaned back. "Finally, done. The Ultra Recon Squad should take it from here." He said to himself, as he stretched his arms and yawned.

It was around 6 in the morning. "Another all-nighter, huh." Ash said to himself as he noticed the time. "Well at least I'll now be able to take the day off without guilt." He added, as he closed his laptop and got up. "Not to mention, it's their birthday." He smiled, thinking about his Son and Daughter, that were turning 3 years old today.

At this point in time, Ash is leading the International Police, and is a top official at the Earth Division of the Ultra Recon Squad that was formed nearly three years ago after the final battle against Lucifer. On top of all that, Ash was also giving guest lectures on Battle Techniques, and Aura.

The world has changed in the last three years. Couples who did not have a single Auranian in their lineage were having children that could wield Aura. The younger someone was, the likely it was that they were affected from the pulses of Aura that affected the Earth 3 years ago.

Ash rubbed his eyes and yawned again as he made his way to the exit door. He was about to take out his phone to call Serena, but then suddenly his eyes briefly glowed. He stood still, with a blank expression on his face.

...

"I'm being summoned."

...

A portal opened up beneath Ash and swallowed him whole before closing.

---

Some moments later...

"The council has decided. The vote concludes with 2-1 for Dimension 66's fate." Arceus announced. Dialga and Palkia hovered at each side of Arceus, while Ash and Giratina stood opposite of the three. "Majority is in favour of having Dimension 66 executed. The whole dimension shall cease to exist."

Ash looked up at Arceus. "Is that the only option?" He questioned. "There's innocent people in that Dimension. What's their fault? Why do they get punished for Lucifer's wrongdoings?"

"That dimension is doomed!" Palkia spoke up. "Getting rid of it is the best option!"

"I agree with Palkia." Dialga added. "If we let it be in its current state, the evil from the dimension will spread to others eventually."

"Calm yourself, Dialga--- Palkia." Arceus said, before turning to Ash. "The situation in Dimension 66 is dire. The innocent are suffering daily, and are continuously praying to me for help." He added. "Destroying the dimension will result in peace for those innocent souls."

Ash formed a lowered fist, as it shook with anger. "T-There has to be an alternative--"

"What do you propose then, wielder of the God Stone and representative of Giratina?" Arceus questioned Ash.

Ash thought for a moment. "H-How about I go to the dimension and take down all of the evildoers?" He asked. "I've already taken in all of the evil from Lucifer and suppressed it within my body! I bet I can do the same for more! All of the evil in that dimension can't be infinite!"

"Motion to send Ash Ketchum and Giratina to Dimension 66 in order to restore its peace." Arceus announced.

Palkia sighed. "This human never gives up easily, does he?" He said. "I agree. Whatever."