Hoenn Alone!

[The Hoenn Region, A while after the events of the XYZ series]

Narrator: "It has been a while since Serena said her goodbye to Clemont, Bonnie and Ash in The Kalos Region so she could continue on her journey in the Hoenn region to be a great performer and bring smiles to people's faces. Serena is now going through a forest on her way to the local Pokemon center when she has crossed paths with an odd trainer." 

Serena's POV

"It is said that If two trainers' eyes meet, they have to battle!" The odd trainer exclaimed as he challenged me to a pokemon battle. He looked like he was in his mid-20s. He was wearing an odd looking cape that covered his whole body and a hat that covered most of his face.

"Oh really? *smirk* What an original way to request a battle! You're on!"  I replied to the odd fellow. I felt like i needed more practice battling with my Pokemon so i could be more prepared for the contests. So there was no reason to back off from a good and friendly battle. Just like Ash says: "Nothing we ever do is a waste of time!"

"That was not amusing at all. How does a One-on-One battle sound? GO Metagross!" The odd trainer said to me in an annoyed manner as he released his Pokemon: Metagross. A steel and psychic type. So it made sense to choose Braixen as Fire types have a type advantage over steel types.

"Sounds good to me! Go Braixen!" I replied to the trainer as I released my Braixen. "Braiixxxen!" Braixen exclaimed as she came out of her Pokeball and landed on the grassy ground below us. She proceeded and took out the wodden twig on her tail, lighting it up in the process and got ready to battle.

"A fire type, eh? You think you might have the type advantage, but my Metagross can handle the heat no problemo! The Name's Carl, by the way" The Trainer (Carl) replied in an accent which did not seem familiar at all to me. He probably wasn't from around here.

"Oh, and I'm Serena" I said as I introduced myself since he was kind enough to tell me his name first, it seemed only right to get acquainted.

(Cue in epic battle music)

"Metagross! Use Hammer Arm!" Carl exclaimed as he commanded his Pokemon. Metagross quickly moved forward as one of his forearms glowed white as it came straight towards Braixen, with his physical attack.

"Braixen! dodge it and use flamethrower!" I commanded Braixen quickly before Metagross's Hammer arm hit it. Braixen swiftly dodged the oncoming attack, making Metagross miss his attack. "Braixx-en!" Braixen exclaimed as she swung her lit up twig, and pointed it at Metagross, as a straight beam of fire came out of the twig, straight for Metagross.

"Metagross use Agility and dodge that Flamethrower!" Carl exclaimed as he quickly commanded his Metagross to get defensive. Metagross used his four gigantic legs and easily dodged Braixen's Flamethrower attack as he started to quickly move around the whole area.

"Quick! combine Zen Headbutt!" Carl exclaimed as he follows up with another command, combining two moves. Metagross's eyes glow blue as he gets surrounded in a light blue reflective shield. It then slammed its head straight towards Braixen, landing a direct hit on her.

Braixen got launched in the air and fell quite a feet away, face first on the ground.

"Braixen! are you okay!?" I asked Braixen in worry as it looked like that combination of two moves proved to have it's toll on Braixen. "Braixxenn!" (I'm Okay) Braixen exclaimed as she nods her head while looking at me. 

"Okay Braixen use Fire blast!" I commanded Braixen to attack again. "Braaiiixxx---!" Braixen exclaimed as she released a red-hot 大-shaped blast of fire from her stick, straight towards Metagross.