An Old Friend

[Indigo League Journey Day 3, On the way to Cerulean City. 7AM]

Writer's POV

The group is in the Viridian Pokemon Center, and have given their Pokemon except Ash's Charizard and Serena's Delphox to Nurse Joy to take care of. Serena is sitting on the nearby waiting seats, brushing the fur of her Delphox while Ash, Brock, and Charizard are standing in front of the Pokemon Center Videophone as Ash calls Liza. Liza is the Trainer and resident/keeper of the famous Charicific Valley, where Ash's Charizard had previously trained with wild Charizards that live there. 

"Grrr----!" (Call already!) Charizard said to his trainer Ash, who was still typing in Liza's number in the videophone's num-pad. "Take it easy, pal. I know you're excited to see Charla, but you gotta wait a few more minutes" Ash said to Charizard as the call connects. Liza picks up the phone and is now visible on the Videophone's huge screen, right in front of everyone.

 Liza picks up the phone and is now visible on the Videophone's huge screen, right in front of everyone

"Hey, Ash! how are you? It's been a long time!" Liza says in her uplift and happy tone as she sees Ash. "I'm great, Liza! I called because someone wanted to speak to your Char--" Ash replies to Liza but gets cut off by Brock. 

"Hello, Liza how are you, It's Brock. You remember me, don't you? I mean, who would even forget the charming personality that is Brock" Brock says as he pushes Ash away so he can have a better look at Liza. "Y-Yeah... Brock. I remember. Sort of..." Liza replies nervously as She remembered Brock's desperate actions in their last encounter. "I just wanted to say how beautif--  Ow! Not the ear!" Brock just gets started on his usual antics but get cut off by Charizard, who grabs Brock's ear and pulls him away from the videophone. Liza looks on as she chuckled and sweat-dropped with a bit of a relieved look that She won't have to listen to Brock's long list of cheesy compliments. 

Ash comes back on and continues his conversation. "So, Charizard has been kind of missing Charla. Would you mind putting her on the phone so he can speak to her?" Ash says to Liza. "Sure! Put him on! I'll get Charla" Liza says as she goes away. "Charizard! It's for you!" Ash says as he calls his pal Charizard, who quickly comes flying after putting Brock away. 

"Gr--?" "Grr--!" Charizard and Charla go on talking for a few minutes as they greet each other, both blushing continuously. Serena looked at the two in awe as she saw that even the most stubborn and badass looking Charizard has his own soft side. "Okay you two. We haven't gotten all day." Ash says as he rubs the back of his head as he asks Charizard and Charla to finish their conversation, which they thankfully agree upon. "Okay! bye Liza! Thanks! See ya!" Ash says as he finishes the conversation with Liza and ends the call. 

Soon, the Pokemon Center bell rings and Ash, Serena and Brock go to get their Pokemon. "Thank you for waiting! your Pokemon are in perfect condition" Nurse Joy says to the trio. "Pika!" Pikachu says as he jumped right on Ash's shoulders. "Let's go, guys! Before someone notices i'm here" Ash says to Brock and Serena as he didn't want people to come after him looking for autographs.