The Bond Between the Ketchums

This chapter will have a bit different tone than the other ones. I hope you enjoy it! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Indigo League Journey, Day 2. Viridian Forest, Kanto Region. 7AM]

Writer's POV

Ash's dangerously lethal Z-move stunt worked with him successfully executing the water'type z-move 'hydro vortex' as he was confronted by Team Rocket all Alone. In the aftermath, Ash was left unconscious since z-moves weren't meant to be used by Humans in the first place. Greninja managed to quickly reach to Ash as he fainted right in the middle of the forest.

Charizard's POV

"Hmm.. Are you sure this is the type of cake Ash wanted?" I asked Pikachu with doubt since I always have a hard time trusting strangers. "Should I blast them with a flamethrower so they know i'm dangerous and superior? We might get the cake for free!" I added while talking to Pikachu who handed the Shopkeeper an envelope with cash in it. "I'm sure this is the cake we want, Charizard. Ash gave me a small paper which had details of the cake, so I know this is the one he wants us to bring. Also, You're not allowed to blast the shopkeepers. You give the money and thank the shopkeeper for their help." Pikachu replied to me, with a disappointed look on his face. "Hey, I never buy stuff from supermarkets! how do you expect me to know good or bad human behavior?" I replied to Pikachu as I grabbed the box the shopkeeper was giving me. 

"What an intelligent pair of Pokemon, don't you think?" Shopkeeper1 said to Shopkeeper2 while smiling. "You guys are well trained and disciplined! Looks like your trainer has done a hell of a job training you! You're both Cute too!" Shopkeeper1 said to Me and Pikachu. "Cute!? Want to see my 'Cute' Flamethrower? Or my Dragon Breath? I've defeated Legendary Pokemon with ease I swear to Arceus I could roast this whole shop with a sneeze!" I started threatening the Shopkeeper who obviously had no clue what I was saying since he's human. "Stop it! Cute is a compliment according to human standards!" Pikachu explained to me since being called 'Cute' was an insult among Charizards back in the Charicific Valley. 

"Oh. I see! In that case, Thank you!" I said to the shopkeeper with embarrassment. "It's a good thing they don't understand our every word" I said in relief since the shopkeeper didn't know that I was basically threatening him the whole time. "Let's go!" Pikachu said as he hopped on top of me as I got airborne. We had gotten what we came for and were now on our way back to Ash. A few moments later, we passed the City and entered the forest. "Look down there!" Pikachu exclaimed right after we entered the forest area. "Where?" I said as I gazed down on the muddy, unpaved forest path right below us and spotted Ash and Greninja, which shocked me since Ash looked like he was out cold. I quickly swooped in, rapidly losing altitude to land as fast as possible, smashing the ground in the process. "What just happened?" I asked Greninja as I landed "He used a Z-move after transforming with my powers. That's what happened." Greninja replied to Me as he picked up Ash from the side. "We need to get him to a Hospital!" Pikachu said quickly since we had no idea what could've happened to Ash at this point. 

Suddenly, a Man approached us from the woods. He was wearing an old-fashioned jacket, and a a top hat that partially hid his face. "I can help your trainer" The man said as he took off his Hat. I instantly recognized that familiar face. It was Ash's good old buddy Brock! Me and Pikachu greeted him but Greninja was standing there confused since he had no clue who Brock was. "Who is this weird homeless looking dude?" Greninja asked Me and Pikachu. "He's an old friend of Ash!" Pikachu replied to Greninja.

"Ash doesn't look right. We need to take him to a Hospital quick!" Brock said as he analyzed Ash's current condition. "Charizard, do you mind taking us by air? It'll be a lot quicker" Brock said as he picked up Ash and requested a ride from me. I had trained flying high with tonnes of rocks strapped to my back. A few people were basically ants to me in comparison. "Sure!" I replied as I made a 'thumbs up' sign since that's what humans recognize as a 'yes'. I took Brock and Ash to the hospital while Greninja and Pikachu went to the camp to tell everyone what happened. Ash's birthday party surprise was a bust, as Ash was in need of immediate medical attention.