Oak-Kay, Braixen!

[Professor Oak's Laboratory, Pallet town. 11AM, Kantos Standard time]

Writer's POV

Ash and Serena are right now inside Professor Oak's Laboratory building.  At that moment, Braixen is out of her Pokeball and is lying down on an examination table, unconscious, inside a special room. A bunch of fancy sensors and machines are beaming various colored lights on her body, monitoring everything going on with Braixen's health. Professor Oak is outside next to the room and looking at a few screens that are connected to the sensors on Braixen. Tracey is inside the special room and is documenting any changes in Braixen's condition, while Greninja was standing on the outer side of the room, worried about Braixen and looking at Her through the clear glass.

"Professor, did you find out what's wrong with Braixen?" Serena said as she and Ash approached Professor Oak who was just staring at the screens filled with an enormous amount of data. Most of it was plain numbers and cryptic symbols. The professor didn't respond at all to Serena's initial question. It looks like he was too occupied in his work that he didn't even hear Serena's voice at all. "Ahem- Professor?" Ash cleared his throat and said in a loud voice which caught Professor Oak's attention. "It's very unusual, to say the least" The Professor said in a serious tone as he gazed at the data the machines were displaying. "According to my instruments, everything must be fine. The power levels are all natural for a Pokemon at it's current level. I'm sorry, but it seems like I have no idea what might be wrong with Braixen" The Professor added in a sorrow-filled tone. 

(From the back)"It's obvious what's troubling the Pokemon, Grandpa" A loud, familiar voice echoed through the lab. Everyone turned around to see a person standing at the door. A person very well familiar to Ash. It was Gary Oak, Professor Oak's grandson! He was wearing his research Lab coat and was holding a bag in his one hand. He walked in his usual style that was filled with self-pride. 

"Hello, Ashy boy! Missed me?" Gary said to Ash in a completely smug fashion as usual which got on Ash nerves, also as usual. Before Ash could reply, Professor Oak cut him off. "Gary! how good to see you! How are you doing?" Professor Oak said in a happy and relieved fashion. It had been a while since last time Professor Oak got to see his Grandson in-person again. "I'm doing fine, Grandpa. But I bet that Braixen over there isn't" Gary said as he came near Professor Oak and started to look at the machine data. His tone got serious now. "So you know what's wrong with Braixen?" Serena said as she clamped her hands together in worry. "So Ash finally got a Girlfriend, I see. Well, it seems that Braixen here is having trouble evolving" Gary replied to Serena while implying she was his Girlfriend which made her and Ash blush a little, but not enough to be apparent. "Trouble evolving? How can you say that, Gary?" Professor Oak asked his grandson in doubt of his quick claim. 

"See here, Grandpa. These level readings that seem normal are only normal for a Delphox, not a Braixen. It's obvious that this Braixen was a lab rat for one of Team Rocket's latest evolution research experiments" Gary explained as he pointed towards a few lines in one of the screens in front of him. "How do you know about Team Rocket and their experiments, Gary?" Ash asked Gary in a completely curious tone since he never thought someone like Gary would know what Team Rocket was up to. "Yes, Ash is right. How did you come to know what is exactly wrong with Braixen?" Professor Oak added to Ash's initial question with his own hint of curiosity. "I've recently been doing some research in the Hoenn Region when I came across a trainer that had a Grovyle with the same issue. He told me how he managed to escape from Team Rocket who was doing some sort of experiment on his Grovyle. I spent many days treating it and collecting data about its health. That Grovyle also had level readings of a Sceptile" Gary replied to Ash and his Grandfather as he explained his research in the Hoenn Region. "So how do you treat the Pokemon?" Serena asked Gary. "You can make Braixen better, right?" Serena added as she got anxious and extremely worried.