Stronger--- Together!

Note: Whenever I use the words 'holographic shape of a helix', I mean the holographic somewhat DNA-Like shape that briefly appears in front of a Pokemon after it completes its Mega-Evolution. I have no clue what this shape is actually called, so that's why I use the admittedly incorrect term: 'helix'.

Narrator: "As our hero takes the next step to become stronger, his journey brings him back to the Kanto Region. Little does he know, he's about to get a surprise visit---"

[Viridian City Airport, Kanto Region. 2PM]

Bonnie took a deep breath, looking around at the city. She was standing right outside the entrance of the Airport, all alone.

Ash came running outside, and joined Bonnie. "Sorry I'm late!" He said. Pikachu was sitting on his shoulder.

"Where were you?!" Bonnie said to Ash, looking up to his face.

"Ah-- I was just swapping out some Pokemon from the Professor's Lab" Ash replied, rubbing the back of his head. "pika--chu--" Pikachu said, rubbing the back of his head as well.

"Huh? What do you mean? Which Pokemon did you swap?" Bonnie asked.

"Oh, you'll see later--- Let's replenish our supplies at the PokeMart. We have to make way through the Viridian Forest to get to Pewter City. It'll take a bit over a day." Ash said, as he started walking.

"Uh--- sure, fine--" Bonnie said, as she started walking alongside Ash.

...

Meanwhile, Over at Detective Riley and Mars---

The pair were going through Viridian City, in Riley's Patrol Car. As usual, Riley was driving the car while Mars was in the passenger seat. A moment later, Riley pulled over in front of a PokeMart and got out of the car.

Riley walked around the car, and stood near the door of the Passenger seat as Mars got out of the car as well. The door to the passenger's seat was open, and right before Mars could close it, Suddenly---

*Pew*

*ThHP*

A voice of a suppressed bullet came, as it hit the opened door and got deflected away, hitting the ground. The door, along with the rest of the car was bullet resistant, the reason why the bullet deflected.

"Huh?" Riley said, as his sights went towards the window of the door, where the bullet hit before deflecting. That exact point had a large mark of shattered glass on it that made it clear that a bullet had hit.

Mars also looked at the door, as her eyes opened wide.

Riley's sights quickly went on the top of a 4-story building in the distance, where three figures were visible. One of them had a sub-machine gun aimed towards him. The three figures were Team Rocket Grunts. They shot another round towards Mars.

*Pew*

"GET down!" Riley yelled, as he quickly grabbed Mars and pulled her towards him. He then quickly dropped to the pavement, causing the open door of his car to act as a shield.

*ThHP*

"What just happened?!" Mars exclaimed, as she looked at Riley. She then looked at Riley's left shoulder, which was rapidly bleeding. "No! Riley! Your shoulder!" She said with widened eyes, as she looked on. She quickly grabbed Riley's shoulder, putting pressure on it to reduce the bleeding.

"Quick--- Agh---" Riley said, as he moved a bit. "Some Grunts are shooting at us---" He added, looking at the open door that was constantly shaking because it kept getting shot at with a rapid rate of machine-gun fire.